Indian Creek Trail

Indian Creek Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moores Springs, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Danbury, NC: Hanging Rock State Park is located in Stokes County, 4 miles northwest of Danbury. The park entrance is on Moore's Spring Road SR 1001, which lies between NC 8/89 east of the park and NC 66 west of the park. Travel past park entrance. Continue on main park road for approximately 1.8 miles turning left into a picnic area and parking lot. Park at the rear of the lot near the picnic tables and restrooms. The trail begins there.

This was a wonderful trail. Most of the time you were walking right beside the creek and the path wound among blooming rhododendrons. We brought a second pair of shoes (water shoes) that we did not need. We could "tip-toe" across each water crossing without getting anything other than the bottom of our shoes wet. We only saw 2 other hikers on the way down and maybe 20 more on the way back up to the Visitor Center (until the falls which are close to the top - lots of people there).

Early mornings are wonderful on this trail; I've seen lots of wildlife and birds while enjoying the serenity of the trail and the gurgling of the creek. There are creek crossings in the lower half, so make sure you have waterproof boots, especially if the area has had a lot of rainfall. A very pleasant experience if done early in the day or in the winter.

beautiful Trail waterfalls rock formations not that tough until you get to the bottom of the waterfalls from there to the park office is straight up but it's a trail I highly recommend

This is a beautiful trail that takes you from the Dan River up the mountain to the visitor center parking area. It crosses the creek in several places and passes Window and Hidden Falls closer to the top. I want to do it again when the rhododendron are blooming!

This was a good challenging hike for me. Loved seeing 2 waterfalls. The old barn is at about 3miles in after you cross the road. I added the river bluff loop that's at the end of Indian Creek trail on the Dan River.
-Indian Creek Trail(Part of the Moutains to Sea Trail system) (Hidden Falls and Window Falls)
-Riverbluff Trail Loop - 1.3 miles
**Total Miles 8.6

A good workout!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

There are several creek crossings, the water was high the day I went. I ended up crossing barefoot a few times to keep from soaking my boots. I saw turkeys, a green snake and an alligator turtle. Great fun, except the stairs. Two great waterfalls along the way and plenty to see.

Friday, January 01, 2016