Horizons Park Loop Hike

Horizons Park Loop Hike is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Germanton, North Carolina and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rural hike close to Winston-Salem, Piedmont stream and woodlands, and fields. This is a nice hike close to Winston-Salem. It has a nice rural feel to it after you get started. The trails include a couple of different loop options. It is a relatively easy hike with a few ups and downs along the way. The hike offers a wide variety of scenery (Piedmont woodlands and streams, mowed fields, old cemetery). This is a good trail if you're wanting to get away from town for a little while.

An easy, pretty hike, but not a very well-known one. I did this one solo when I wanted some isolation, and I literally saw no one else on the whole loop. I'd like to come back with my dog and take her to the dog park nearby before we hike.

This trail is very up and down and can be quite hard to navigate when muddy. Also there is a firing range near the far end of the trail, so if your dog is scared of guns and thunder, beware!

Very fun single track, with a nice touch of grass cross country trails for added mileage.

Slippery after a solid rain, but very good retry woodland trail. Quite a lot of inclines.

My favorite hiking trail by far and I've only been on it in the winter! It's vast, peaceful and just the right amount of challenging. I love this trail.

Beautiful park. Trails are good short hiking, took my dog and she did good on the trails. It was little warm to wear jeans.

A and B are both pretty easy trails. Good for a quick afternoon walk.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

loop b was definitely more of a challenge hilly uneven terrain

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Awesome dog parks

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Good spot for a short hike. I like loop B as oppose to loop A but there is a big difference in difficulty. I would say loop A is beginner friendly, kid friendly, and all around pretty flat and easy. Loop B has more incline and brush on the trail (which I prefer), it was very wet when I went. The area was very damp and shaded.