Learn more

Hobby Park Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winston-Salem, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 2.2 mi Elevation gain 209 ft Route type Loop

Photos (30)
Recordings (103)
Completed (177)
Kolette Hancock
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarWed Jun 24 2020
HikingMuddy

Trail is very nicely shaded. Not marked well. Got turned around a few times. That is the only reason I gave it a 4 star. We went early not many bikes on the trail. As it got later more bike showed up. We finished just in time.

Joanne Marinaro
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun May 31 2020
HikingMuddy

This trail was nicely wooded and shaded and cleared. It was a bit muddy. The worst part of this trail was there were many bikers and they were going so fast we nearly were run over on several occasions. One time One of the bikers made a rude comment about us even being on the trail as hikers. The signage clearly states that the bikers are to yield to the hikers, but some of the bikers didn’t seem to agree that should be the case. We would not come back to this trail.

View Joanne's Recording
Shane Jolly
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSat May 30 2020
HikingMuddy

I tried the bike trail with a 7 speed hybrid dual shock bike. Neither the bike nor I were up to it! the trail is fun, but very challenging. I ride Salem Lake and this is not even the same class of trail. Don’t be fooled! But, with proper equipment and more practice on trail riding, it would be super fun. I will say that post rainy week(s) May not be the best time. The trail was very muddy. Also, the trail is lined on both sides with poison oak. But, otherwise it was fun and if I ever upgrade my ride, I’ll give it another try!

Mark Watkins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon May 25 2020
Julio Garcia
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFri May 08 2020
HikingOff trailScramble

If I could give zero stars I would. No markings at all for the trail. Impossible to tell which way to go. Also it states it’s a 2.2 mile loop or a 5.5 miles loop yet there is no way to indicate which trail you are on. Exit was horribly marked, and trails were incredibly narrow. It was difficult to walk with a partner and a dog, especially with bikers flying by paying no attention. Small creek in the park was unswimmable and very dirty, we did not even let our dog near it. Overall, I do not recommend this trail, we will not hike it again. We have hiked various other nearby trails and this was by far the worst.

Jeremie Andrews
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarWed May 06 2020
Walking

A lot of cut through trails. Trails not marked well because of all the cut throughs. Plenty of shade and elevation change for a good walk. We walked what seems to be the backside and cutoff at parking lot today. Will get whole trail recoded next time.

View Jeremie's Recording
Mike Kessel
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat May 02 2020
Walking

I have walked thus a number vo times. I was able to get my heart rate up. I enjoy walking this trail.

Joshua Deatherage
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Apr 11 2020
Mountain biking

There is a tree down about a mile in that I would label as unjumpable.

View Joshua's Recording
Joshua Deatherage
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Apr 05 2020
Mountain biking

This is a very fun trail to MTB on. it's not the easiest thing out there but it's not hard. The beginning of the trail will test your fitness but as you go it will test your tech skills a bit more. Lots of rocks and roots out there so watch yourself if you are new to them. Again this is not a hard trail but it is harder than Tanglewood. I highly recommend this trail.

Emma Coltoff
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Apr 02 2020
Hiking

Definitely not for hiking. Great for mountain bikes.

View Emma's Recording
Emma Norton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Mar 21 2020
HikingOff trailOver grown
View Emma's Recording
Derek Foster
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Feb 08 2020
View Derek 's Recording
conquistadors ofnowhere
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarTue Jan 21 2020
Hiking

Nice little nature walk with kids.

View conquistadors's Recording
Lynn Lee
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun Jan 05 2020
Hiking

Park itself was cool . Plane Landing strip and RC car track but spent half hour looking for entrance To the trails there’s no markings or signs I eventually figured it out when I saw someone coming out of the world also couldn’t walk the trails because bikers were flying down it not paying attention and had to jump to the sides my dog and I almost got hit a few times. Left after an hour of frustration

Michelle Mazarakis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Oct 11 2019
Hiking

I liked this trail, although it seemed like more of a xig zag situation and the markings werent very clear. Wish there was a a clearer guiline

David Sapp
HikingOver grown

The trail was mostly clean and I liked the layout. Very few trail markers and the trails almost overlap in places. We was lucky enough to see three deer very close up. I will go back.

Link Rogers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarWed Sep 11 2019

DH was pretty good

View Link's Recording
Carrington Dahmer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFri Jun 21 2019
RunningMuddy
Chelsea Van Houten
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Jun 02 2019
Hiking

Great for hiking and biking. A little narrow at times so keep your eyes peeled and wear bright colors for visibility. Shady and green, the trail is immaculate for what it is. However, it is more than 2.2 miles. Stay to watch the RC planes!!

View Chelsea's Recording
Diana Chudzik
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarTue May 14 2019
Hiking

Really enjoyed the trail so close to home. I thoroughly enjoyed the trail minus being able to hear the car traffic. Encountered a biker and thought what a cool place for mountain bikers to bike off the beaten path. Would have liked more markers so I wouldn’t have to hold my phone but all good. Would do this trail again!!

Chris Brown
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun Apr 28 2019

not a horrible trail. never feel at peace with the RC area near by and the highway. but it's ok for a quick walk.

Jarad Gray
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Apr 26 2019
Mountain biking

Bikes with 4 kids! Excellent trail for riders looking for a challenge!

Jeffrey Lynn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarWed Jan 23 2019
Hiking

It’s a ok place to walk in the woods but other than that, not much to this one. I can see how it would be ok for trail running and biking but the trail is a bunch of switchbacks that nearly criss cross one another.

Tina Gajda
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun Nov 04 2018

This one is close to home for me and part of the reason I chose it was this site says it’s a “...2.2 mile loop trail.” Apparently I did not find the markings for said trail because I was 3.5 miles in and struggling to find my way back to the parking lot. This trail system IS NOT marked well at all, and very confusing for novice hikers. If I go back, I will bring my own marking device and turn around when I’m ready to go back. Disappointed in the lack of trail markings.

Stacey V.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Sep 10 2018
Hiking

Close to home and a great place to run

Becca Lard
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Jun 11 2018
Hiking

Great path for biking, not busy at all, would definitely go back.

Anna Porpora
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarTue May 22 2018
Running

Awesome loop trail you can also mountain bike on.

Sivri Scrimsher
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Aug 31 2017
Hiking

a lot smaller than you'd think, not great for hiking (the trail is too close to other parts of its own loops, not a lot of novelty or variety imo) but I can definitely see how it'd be a lot of fun on a bike