Hidden Cove Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Connelly Springs, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Very peaceful and I didn’t see anybody the entire time I was on the trail. It has a nice summit about half way through that gives you a nice bench with a view and a nice breeze to cool off.

The trail is narrow in most parts. Make sure to bring plenty of water.

Fun, relatively easy trail completed with a 4 & 7 year old walking and a 1 yr old in a carrier. Well maintained if a bit narrow at times. Would definitely do it again!

If you're itching to come to South Mountains, but it recently rained a good bit, there aren't any significant water paths to hinder this hike, as are often experienced on other trails. I took this hike for that reason, plus my knee was giving me trouble (so I didn't feel like I was up to doing the other trails). There's a good view at about 0.5 miles in.