Heartbreak Ridge Trail

Heartbreak Ridge Trail is a 9.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Old Fort, North Carolina that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Heartbreak ridge is a 6.50 mile trail located near Old Fort, North Carolina. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Really into it but was a bit bummed out when we reached the top, there was no view. However there were some really nice views along the way. Also if you have something 4x4 just drive the trail till you find the railroad tracks. Take the road to the right the other to the left dead ends but still fun to go down tho.

I thought I would write a recent review. First off, there is NO signs that I saw of for Heartbreak Ridge. The only reason I knew it was the trail was because of the reviews I read that said you cross a section of the railroad tracks. I was unable to go far because of the rain we had which overflowed the creek. I do intend on going back when it’s drier though! I have it 3 stars because I was unable to hike the rest of it due to the weather. :(

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Not hard to find. Lightly marked (yellow marks on trees) so there were some questionable turns at points. Views are nice, but mostly through trees until you get to the top. Steep in parts, not as rocky as I was expecting based on the other descriptions. All in all a good day hike.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Seeking info on this one!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Love it

Monday, February 06, 2017

Great Local Trail for the family!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Very nice hiking trail, not as hard as people say. I hiked this trail right before fall, and the views are worth it even when it's not fall! At the top, you can see many ridge-lines/mountain ranges. Also, you can see several sections of distant train tracks, including train tracks that you cross over at the beginning of the hike, The view is phenomenal.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

nice views, but was very strenous

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Good trail. Is a difficult one. Made it in 3 hours, and my legs still hurt.

Saturday, April 07, 2012

awesome trail, on the side of the mountain. Rocks, roots and areas that are sure to give some vertigo.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017