Hanging Rock Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Danbury, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Challenging enough to feel accomplished but still do-able. Well worth the beautiful views at the top. Very heavy traffic, be prepared.

nice short hike but very crowded. you have to deal with people with no manners on trail.

Great hike, easy trail, beautiful view, but crowded at the top. :)

Easy trail, good for beginners but very crowded.

The view at the top is truly worth all of those stairs.

Great View from the top but very busy trail .

Amazing views. So worth it

Straight up Stairs! This is a good and challenging trial with a view that is worth the effort. I don’t mind hiking moderate trails, but this one had a good section of the trail as stairs with timbers or stone steps, which is hard on my knees, especially on the way down. It also makes the trial narrow in places which caused for bottle necks. Fun hike, very busy on a fall weekend, but the view is so worth it.

short hike but enough to make you sweat due elevation! the view on top was great! glad me and my kids did this hike.watch out for the cliff.

Awesome trail! Allowed us to get out of the car for a couple hours and stretch our legs on the 11 hour drive home from Myrtle Beach to Northeast Ohio. It was a bit crowded but the trail itself was challenging and fun! Hidden gem in NC!

Amazing view

My friends and I completed this hike in May. It takes you to a beautiful overlook. You will not see much on the hike up, but since it’s a relatively short hike, the view is absolutely worth it. We went early and had the overlook to ourselves for some time.

I’ve done this trail a couple times and it has amazing views. The first time there was only a couple people on the trial, but this last time the trail was packed ( it was also a holiday weekend). The trail is well kept and easy to follow. This last time I took my 4 year old up it and it took about an hour each way with his little feet.

Not even hiking. It's just really good walking track. The view on the summit is amazing :)

Great trail. Spectacular view.

Great trail, view is amazing, but a little too short for my taste.

Wonderful views. Can't wait to go back. Go early to beat some of the crowd!!

The best trail in the park in my opinion. The day I hiked it was super foggy/rainy so views from the summit were zero. The fog up there made it feel like being in a cloud, so it was still very neat.

Amazing view and enjoyable hiking..

came here on my first trip to North Carolina. was an amazing hike and well worth the drive

Amazing views!!! We had a lot of fun exploring the different trail options. Be sure to check out the waterfalls!

Very smooth trail for beginners

Not too long of a hike, but gets steep and challenging right at the top. BEAUTIFUL views from multiple lookout points - and great photo opportunities at hanging rock!

very good trail, I made the mistake of having to many drinks the night before and it made the trail a little bit tougher

The views at the top were gorgeous, and it was a good workout..but very crowded, loud and lots of trash! I would only go back very early in the morning or maybe in the fall/winter months.

A nice trail but ALWAYS busy. Very steep stair-step type of climb for a long stretch with nice views at the top.

This park was very clean and well organized. The staff were friendly, and the people on the trails were pleasant. There were all sorts of different kinds of people, and it made nice for hiking alone. As for the terrain, I wouldn’t go if you want to just stroll through the woods. There were many handmade stairs and many rocks, and to get up to hanging rock was crazy! I died three times, but when i got to the top it was all worth it. You can hike barefoot for about half the trail if you would like, which i did, and it was comfortable and made for a better grip on the rocks. (At your own risk) the waterfalls weren’t as big as i would have thought but nice to hear the running water down the rocks, but since it was so busy it wasn’t as rewarding due to people being there. I did go on a weekend so that had something to do with it I’m sure. All in all, i enjoyed myself and got an awesome workout. The best things is i got to reflect and appreciate gods creation.

It was okay the trail had some good views and very crowed I would recommend the trail still

Great day hike and great to wear out your kids or dogs!

This was an excellent trail for all age types. We walked it in a moderate rain shower and only got a little wet. The view at the top I’m sure is gorgeous, but was completely blocked by the clouds on this day. A paved trail followed by a dirt trail followed by a steep stair incline (that could get slick in a hard rain). Overall, a fun hike with an average workout.

The ending is worth it. I took my 9 and 14yr old on a hot day. With all the tree coverage it gave us a cool breeze. The hike was great and fun. It definitely has some beautiful sights.