Greens Lick Trail

Greens Lick Trail is a 7.3 mile out and back trail located near Bent Creek, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I am posting because there are some conflicting reports on the rating and characterization of this section of trail - specifically on MTB Project. I got caught WAY off guard on series of rock drops on a fast down-hill section. The good news is that I really only injured my pride. The bad news is that I went face first down the trail after blasting into a series of drops with too much speed on a XC bike. The first few hundred yards is fast and flowy but there is series of small boulders and drops mid-hill and you need to brake well in advance. In any case, don’t be deceived by the top part of the trail and reviewers that talk about this being a ‘flowy’ trail. It’s rocky - period. In some sections, you’re going through gnar regardless of your line. I would not classify it as highly technical but it is certainly not a XC trail.

Great trail, it has everything. The climb from the Pinnacle Rice parking lot is just about 5 miles all uphill. The descent is challenging or thrilling depending on your definition of fun! I’m in-between, probably ride the brakes too much but I ride to enjoy another ride!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Good trail. Watch out for the bikers.

Monday, March 06, 2017

haha, Todd. yes, this is meant for downhill mountain biking.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Beautiful trail but that is not something you will enjoy if you are out of shape. Going clock wise is straight up 100 degrees and humid. Better suited to bikers going counter clockwise. Bring rain gear we got soaked. Water but no falls and no views. This is a bike trail. Ccw is maybe better Gradual incline and a steep decline. Good luck. FML. Going to get beer

Monday, June 06, 2016

yeah nice

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Good trail for mostly intermediate and above. There's a lot of climbing. I ride singlespeed and I finished it. Probably the best trail in the bent creek area. And as close as it is to Asheville....probably the best trail within a 30 minute drive.
Also
I guess there's been a name change....so look out for "green lick" signs. I don't know....I'm not from around here.

Saturday, May 04, 2013

This trail was renamed Greens Lick and is the most technical trail in the Bent Creek area. You'll encounter rock fields, banks, jumps, logs and a really nice booter at the end of the trail. Really fun and really fast. You can't let your guard down or some parts of this trail will eat your lunch. The climb is fairly intense to get to the trail head but totally worth it. I would suggest taking the Ingles Field connector to Ingles Field Gap trail up to five points where you ride on out to the trail head. Enjoy.

Sunday, August 20, 2017