Greenfield Lake Park Trail

Greenfield Lake Park Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Riverfront Mobile Home Park, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great local scenic trail that I have done many times with my four Shih Tzu companions on land as well as in my kayak along the lake's perimeter. Lots of wildlife including birds, turtles and alligators. It also has lots of geocaches for those into geocaching. There is even a neat Wherigo geocache "GC65EFK" which provides you a nice tour that follows this path.

Pretty area, good for a loop or two for running. Do NOT let your dogs loose or go near the water. I know at least one dog who got pulled in by a gator and never resurfaced. :/

Long paved loop. Great for bike rides. Beautiful scenery. Playground for little ones and paddle boats available for rent but not the best part of town.

Fully paved walk way, 4.3 miles, leave your hiking boots in the car.

I used to walk this loop as a child so I love the views look for the alligators they are there! I’m especially tied to this loop I got married at the fragrance garden! Be mindful though it isn’t the best area walk with caution and with a friend

Beautiful trail with plenty of parking (multiple lots around lake). Watch for broken pavement here and there (usually from tree roots). Be aware of your surroundings and, due to safety reasons, I wouldn’t recommend running here at night. Gorgeous scenery though! I love running here.

Great for a solid distance run and good scenery on the loop. I will say that urban aspect of the park with suspect individuals lingering at certain spots and the odors that also come with urban areas versus other running spots in Wilmington area put this down on my list personally. Still a great run that I take on a couple times a week. About 4.5 miles on my route and does the trick for a midweek run.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Monday, May 29, 2017

Nice walking but kinda sketchy neighborhood. Don't walk alone

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Not crowded so good for a trail run. The lake is pretty, and lots of wildlife there. I wouldn't go it alone for a couple of reasons, but overall a good place to go with a friend.

Saturday, June 17, 2017