Greenfield Lake Park Trail

Greenfield Lake Park Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wilmington, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Fully paved walkway around the lake, sometimes along busy roads. Lots of garbage and usually heavily trafficked. Gators in the lake so don’t let your dogs go swimming! Closest thing you get to a good walking trail in Wilmington.

We were in town and mom took me for a unexpected walk. It was fun but it was sidewalks and I like natural trails better. It was too cold out for mom so it was a short walk. They were doing a lot of maintenance work so it wasn’t scenic. I need to go back when mom’s not cold & the construction workers aren’t there.

Seriously disappointed. 75% of the “trail” is a sidewalk along the busy roads and neighborhoods and not even in nature. A woman was doing drugs in the bathroom. Trash everywhere, I have no idea how this place got so many stars

Great little nature getaway in the middle of the city. Hike or bike this in the summer and you WILL see gators in the lake. So if you have never seen one in nature, this is a great way to see several.

This is a great local scenic trail that I have done many times with my four Shih Tzu companions on land as well as in my kayak along the lake's perimeter. Lots of wildlife including birds, turtles and alligators. It also has lots of geocaches for those into geocaching. There is even a neat Wherigo geocache "GC65EFK" which provides you a nice tour that follows this path.

Pretty area, good for a loop or two for running. Do NOT let your dogs loose or go near the water. I know at least one dog who got pulled in by a gator and never resurfaced. :/

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Long paved loop. Great for bike rides. Beautiful scenery. Playground for little ones and paddle boats available for rent but not the best part of town.

Friday, February 09, 2018

Fully paved walk way, 4.3 miles, leave your hiking boots in the car.

Friday, December 22, 2017

I used to walk this loop as a child so I love the views look for the alligators they are there! I’m especially tied to this loop I got married at the fragrance garden! Be mindful though it isn’t the best area walk with caution and with a friend

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Beautiful trail with plenty of parking (multiple lots around lake). Watch for broken pavement here and there (usually from tree roots). Be aware of your surroundings and, due to safety reasons, I wouldn’t recommend running here at night. Gorgeous scenery though! I love running here.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Great for a solid distance run and good scenery on the loop. I will say that urban aspect of the park with suspect individuals lingering at certain spots and the odors that also come with urban areas versus other running spots in Wilmington area put this down on my list personally. Still a great run that I take on a couple times a week. About 4.5 miles on my route and does the trick for a midweek run.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Monday, May 29, 2017

Nice walking but kinda sketchy neighborhood. Don't walk alone

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Not crowded so good for a trail run. The lake is pretty, and lots of wildlife there. I wouldn't go it alone for a couple of reasons, but overall a good place to go with a friend.

Saturday, December 30, 2017