Green Knob Trail

Green Knob Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Little traveled trail with two entrances off the Blue Ridge Parkway that includes Sims Creek as well as Sims Pond.

Pretty nice trail. A couple of sections cut through fields which give you nice views and sunshine. Other sections down along the creek in the rhododendrons feel nice and jungle-y. Pretty long steep hill to go down, so maybe not a good choice for people with knee issues.

Nice hike. Will be incredibly muddy if there was a recent rain. I hiked with my 2 year old. We started by Sims pond and went counterclockwise. Maybe this way is easier? My 2 year old did most of it. The big hill coming down is loose gravel and i can see it would be challenging going up. But i think it's more moderate not hard. I personally thought Rough Ridge was tougher. Views were nice

Great hiking with lots of different terrain and elevations. We took our kids, 6 and 4 and they loved it! It took us about 2 hours with kids but so worth it. Highly recommend it!

A bit wet, and more difficult than suggested by it's short length. Definitely worth the work.

Very pretty trail with babbling brooks along with open meadows of cows and wooded forrest.

Definitely a tough hike, but so worth it. Due to recent rain, my husband and I both fell on the initial descent down the stairs/hill; then we saw a rattler sitting on the steps on the way back up. Be careful! Nice creek section initially and on completion of hike. Beautiful walk thru pasture; the cows and my dogs weren't quite sure about each other. Then back up thru the forest. You go through 3 different ecosystems in just 2.5 miles! Tougher than you think but great views throughout.

Great hike. Nice variety of terrain and habitats. Nice family hike.

Great hike. Nice variety of terrain and habitats. Nice family hike.

This is my favorite trail in the area! There was varied terrain and scenery, making the entire thing interesting. Being a zoology fanatic, meeting the numerous salamanders, snakes, and cows was very exciting!