Green Knob Trail

Green Knob Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Little traveled trail with two entrances off the Blue Ridge Parkway that includes Sims Creek as well as Sims Pond.

Pretty nice trail. A couple of sections cut through fields which give you nice views and sunshine. Other sections down along the creek in the rhododendrons feel nice and jungle-y. Pretty long steep hill to go down, so maybe not a good choice for people with knee issues.

Nice hike. Will be incredibly muddy if there was a recent rain. I hiked with my 2 year old. We started by Sims pond and went counterclockwise. Maybe this way is easier? My 2 year old did most of it. The big hill coming down is loose gravel and i can see it would be challenging going up. But i think it's more moderate not hard. I personally thought Rough Ridge was tougher. Views were nice

Great hiking with lots of different terrain and elevations. We took our kids, 6 and 4 and they loved it! It took us about 2 hours with kids but so worth it. Highly recommend it!

A bit wet, and more difficult than suggested by it's short length. Definitely worth the work.

Very pretty trail with babbling brooks along with open meadows of cows and wooded forrest.

Definitely a tough hike, but so worth it. Due to recent rain, my husband and I both fell on the initial descent down the stairs/hill; then we saw a rattler sitting on the steps on the way back up. Be careful! Nice creek section initially and on completion of hike. Beautiful walk thru pasture; the cows and my dogs weren't quite sure about each other. Then back up thru the forest. You go through 3 different ecosystems in just 2.5 miles! Tougher than you think but great views throughout.

Great hike. Nice variety of terrain and habitats. Nice family hike.

Great hike. Nice variety of terrain and habitats. Nice family hike.

This is my favorite trail in the area! There was varied terrain and scenery, making the entire thing interesting. Being a zoology fanatic, meeting the numerous salamanders, snakes, and cows was very exciting!

Love the scenery along the water, the pasture and the forest. Very diverse and beautiful loop! And my six year old was able to complete it!

Very nice trail. Rigorous workout, nice amount of water for the dogs, varied terrain. Lots of shaded rhodo segments & pasture on a hill with amazing view of the old man. Did the whole thing in about an hour. Was a blast!!

If I could give three and a half stars, that would be more appropriate. It is a nice trail, well marked and you get to walk through some prairie and bluffs, but you spend most of the time in a swampy area. When we hiked it, it was flooded the whole trail except up in the hills. You also need to cross the road one time! Overall, nice trail located near Blowing Rock, but if you're looking for stunning views and seclusion (it is very crowded!), pick a different trail!

A nice hike, good mix of terrain. Be ready for the hills!

Cute loop trail with dynamic scenery, easy parking access