Graveyard Fields Trail

Graveyard Fields Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Canton, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

scenic driving

It was beautiful. Not a lot of people around. There is an incline down to some stairs and a few flights of stairs down. Then to a bridge that goes across. I enjoyed going down closer tot he river and sitting to relax and take pictures. Then you can continue out and to the right and go down to the lower falls. Very good place for photos. The incline on the boardwalk that leads down to the lower falls be careful, the wood is wet and it gets slippery!!

fly fishing

A nice hike! It was very crowded and we had to park down the BRP to get in. They have nice bathrooms at the trail head with solar panels! The trails were well worn but not always well marked. There were dogs everywhere and dog feces in the trail in several spots. There were also several bags of dog poop left on the trail. The falls were nice and we enjoyed the trip. The only downfall was it was very crowded until we headed to the upper falls.

Beautiful and moderate hike, weaving through a rhododendron forest at trail's beginning, a little muddy currently (late July). Hiked with my fiancé, our 8 year old (loved swimming in the chilly water) and our dog (not so keen on water). Took beautiful photos at the upper falls. Would definitely hike again!

Hiked this with my wife, parents, and dog. Overall this was a great 3.5 mile hike that covered a variety of terrain (mud, stream crossings, ascent to upper falls, and man made paths). Starts with maybe a .75 mile hike followed by a 1 mile (each way) out and back, then followed by another .75 mile hike to end the loop. The trail had wild blueberries and blackberries, probably a few weeks from being ripe. The falls were nice, not Pisgah's finest but a nice place to stop for lunch (or let your dog cool off). I would hike this again for sure, next time with a little more exploration down the side trails.

I loved the hike and falls so much, I went twice in one week. The upper falls is a must see. It's not nearly as crowded as the lower falls.

Great morning hike. Get there early and beat the crowds. The terrain can get tough toward upper falls. The woods, fields, streams and falls are simply beautiful. I did this with my 10 yr old and two 6 year olds and they managed well. Cannot say they weren't happy to see the parking lot when we arrived back. Perfect balance of shade and open fields.

crowded but fun

One of my favorite trails in the area!