Grassy Creek Falls

Grassy Creek Falls is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Little Switzerland, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

A short, relatively easy walk to a waterfall. The trail and falls are on private property, but the owners graciously allow public access.

Enough of a challenge to feel like you did something and hiking behind the waterfall was ✌️. Hard to find the “trail” (more like a golf cart path) and saw about a dozen people - those are the only drawbacks.

beautiful waterfall, hike is super easy and straight downhill ths whole way. which means it's straight back up on the way out. Easy hike and well worth the trip.

Lovely falls. We went for a quick visit on a Monday afternoon and didn't see anyone else.

Very easy hike in and out. Only rough part was getting down to the falls but so very worth it. One of the most beautiful falls I have ever been to. We had it all to ourselves.

Looked beautiful right after a good rain!!

You can walk behind the waterfall!!!

It was MASSIVE after all of the rain!!

I thought the trail had a lot to offer especially if you walk pass the falls

This trail was ok . Nothing that I would want to do again. The falls were small but it is nice . I would rate this one as moderate. . . more incline than its worth.

The town is super cute and the people that work there are kind and helpful! The trail is easy, but there were many fallen trees; this made navigating the trail challenging with my baby on my back. The falls were pretty, but impossible to get close to. Worth the drive, but I won't go again.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Had some trouble finding the beginning of the trail but once we knew we were on the right path, it was very scenic, not too long - maybe a mile and a half round trip - and not too challenging. Definitely check out Little Netherlands before/after. A very cool little place and helpful when we stop and asked for directions!

Saturday, September 09, 2017