Glen Burney Trail

Glen Burney Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I went down easy but coming up was anything but. Granted if you're rolling slowly down, you will fair better coming up. I went down like Flo-Jo and came back up, slow. Needless to say, I was traveling with a 12-lb weight vest which added to the difficulty. I'd do it all again!

Fun quick hike right off Main St.

Very rocky and steep but definitely worth the pain. The falls are beautiful.

Incredibly beautiful trail with waterfalls and wildlife. The trail is a bit treacherous in places where there were exposed roots and muddy areas. My mom and I are beginners and the trail took us 2 1/2 hours. We were envious of others who had walking sticks and would recommend them to others. We saw deer, chipmunks, many birds, and lots of mosquitoes. We had a great time and plan to return.

Great trail. Not crowded and beautiful falls.

The waterfalls are well with the hike, but make sure you go all the way down to Glen Marie falls.