Glen Burney Trail

Glen Burney Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Fun quick trail. Some good views of the falls at points. This is my favorite trail to hit solo due to the quietness.

I visited a place after a big rain. I found the trail well maintained, maybe they did some improvements since some of the reviews here. There were many stone steps and trail protection stuff and while water was flowing down on some part of the trail there was no much mud on it. I can recommend this even with children.

We've been coming to Boone/Blowing Rock for many years and up until this weekend, we had no idea this even existed. We did take our recently turned 5 year old and our almost 10 year old on this trail (they're pretty experienced "kid" hikers) and they did a great job. It's definitely easier going down the trail, of course, than coming back up but we took our time, had brought plenty of water and snacks so there was very little complaining. Also, there are some narrow parts to the trail that we had to be mindful of. We started the trail with two kids and really wanted to make sure we returned with two. Would definitely do it again.

Did on 3/19. Lots of down to start and lots of up on the way back. Some fairly steep places. I had a small saw and was able to clear a part of the trail where a tree fell and was blocking the trail near a ledge. It was passable with some nimble crouching and footwork, but now you can pass without missing a stride. Very nice waterfalls at the end.

It was a beautiful foggy January day in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. The trail was muddy. The falls were gorgeous. I highly recommend this trail and even when Muddy.

Solid. Really feels like you left town behind.

I went with a friend on this trail. It was my first time hiking. It is a steep decent and thus a steep climb but if you are in okay shape I think it is quite doable. A pretty view and feeling of a great accomplishment when finished.

My wife and I loved this trail. It is worth noting that the side trails to the waterfalls are necessary in order to really appreciate the hike. It is long fairly steep descent on the way in which made for a fun but fairly challenging hike back up. I agree with other reviewers that the trail is narrow at some points mostly from washout. We saw several children but there's no chance we'd ever take our 5 year old out there and maybe on the 8 year old.

Did it today with a 7 and 4 year old. They loved it but I was nervous at some of the narrow sections. Agreed that a Blowing Rock or App State club should adopt this and do some serious maintenance.

Loved this hike. Would not take kids younger than 13.