Glen Burney Trail

Glen Burney Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice family trail with some elevation

Awesome waterfall at the end

good trail, really nice waterfalls

Awesome adventure on our last hike! The bridge had been washed away so we simply crossed through the creek on the hike in. As soon as we got to the falls we got hit with a massive storm. We raced back up the trail and when we got back to the bridgeless crossing the creek had become a raging river. We used some rope and rigged up a harness so we could safely get through the water without getting swept away. We were soaked but it was an awesome experience!

Steep hike. I never see anyone of this trail. It’s nice because it’s close to town and very beautiful

People should not bring dogs on this trail!. Some paths were very narrow and easy to fall. I have hiked in Oregon, California, Arizona, Australia, and New Zealand. I think this trail was moderate. Watch out for hidden stumps!!!

the trail is " closed" due to a bridge outing. there are rocks and a piece of wood in its place to hop across. two down trees to go over/under. 3 nice waterfalls and good incline. worth it

Drove to trailhead only to find a closed sign!

A favorite hike! My daughter and I enjoyed this hike so much we went back to back days.

Just hard enough for a challenge but fun enough to be..well fun. I would not recommend little ones as some have but thats me. Kids cost too much to lose one.

Will 100% do this again when we are in Blowing Rock.

Don't let the "hard" rating scare you away if you are not an "experienced adventurer". I've been taking my kids here since they were about 3. Not that we've done the whole trail, but if you're enjoying a day in downtown Blowing Rock and want a hike, this is so convenient and fun. Maybe it gets harder towards the end, but at least the first mile-ish is fun for kids who like to scramble over roots and rocks, etc.

Bummed! Giving it 3 stars but BEWARE! We drove to Blowing Rock only to find the trail closed for repairs. It would be nice if the website had stated this. Went to Daniel Boone Fork trail instead...nice hike.

Perfect if your in Blowing Rock. Steep Hike. Water falls are not large but still nice.

Beautiful trail and a good solitude hike

great workout, awesome hike, will return once the leaves drop

Two pretty waterfalls. Steep hike but worth it! Not too hard since it is a short trail.

Nice workout in the hike back up from the falls. Nice pool to soak in at Glen Marie Falls.

Very narrow in places, watch your footing. Coming out is definitely a workout.

If you're in Blowing Rock and don't want to explore elsewhere for a hike then this one will have to do. There are many more nice hikes in the area. To many downed trees and debris in the creek to call this a beautiful hike and waterfalls. Good exercise coming back up the trail but that's about it.

VERY narrow trail. If it's crowded, expect it to go slowly. It's tough to bring a dog as well. We did, and not all people like dogs, some are afraid and other dogs aren't always friendly. Very challenging to pass on the trail.

Great waterfall views!

chilly dah in tha old rich people city. many clouds. 2 waterfalls. Glen's H2O blizzard was more blitzen than the ladyfall. fun to wash my bod in. fresh feelin clear water.

I went down easy but coming up was anything but. Granted if you're rolling slowly down, you will fair better coming up. I went down like Flo-Jo and came back up, slow. Needless to say, I was traveling with a 12-lb weight vest which added to the difficulty. I'd do it all again!

Fun quick hike right off Main St.

Very rocky and steep but definitely worth the pain. The falls are beautiful.

Incredibly beautiful trail with waterfalls and wildlife. The trail is a bit treacherous in places where there were exposed roots and muddy areas. My mom and I are beginners and the trail took us 2 1/2 hours. We were envious of others who had walking sticks and would recommend them to others. We saw deer, chipmunks, many birds, and lots of mosquitoes. We had a great time and plan to return.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Great trail. Not crowded and beautiful falls.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

The waterfalls are well with the hike, but make sure you go all the way down to Glen Marie falls.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Easy getting down to a very beautiful waterfall, fairly challenging getting back up at a steady pace. Nice hike to a nice view :)

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Fairly steep hike down to a gorgeous waterfall. I wish I had brought my bathing suit. The going back up wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be getting down. Worth the effort!!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Gorgeous water falls! Dog friendly and mostly shaded. Right in the heart of Blowing Rock. Can't believe I waited this long to go.