Gentry Creek Falls

Gentry Creek Falls is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laurel Bloomery, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

bridge out

From Mountain City, take US 421 towards US 91. Follow 91 for roughly 6.6 miles into Laurel Bloomery, TN. You should see a Cherokee National Forest sign (brown sign) around the left side of the highway that points to Gentry Creek Road. The Laurel Bloomery Fire Department sits right beside of this road. Follow the road until it splits. There should be a sign nailed to a post telling you to turn right to head towards Gentry Creek Falls. Keeping following the road, it'll turn into a gravel road where you will drive passed the parking lot for Rogers Ridge Horse Trail. The next lot is where you park to follow the trail to the falls.

Very rocky trail. The waterfalls were very nice and the temperature was wonderful walking next to the water. Definitely got my feet wet and fell in on the way back.

One of my most favorite trails. Nice and shady on a hot summer day. Love crossing the creek and getting the feet cooled off. As others say, you cross the creek each way about 15 times (more if its been raining and some of the normal trails are now are under water!) Definitely wear shoes you don't mind getting wet / water shoes and something with good tread. Although the trail is not difficult in elevations it is very rocky. We go several times a year

nice place to take kids! I had three six year olds with me and they were able to hike the whole trail with no problem. you cross the creek several times , but its nice on a hot day and the kids loved it. the waterfalls were beautiful. and we were the only ones on the trail when we went.

Creek Crossing Galore! Six mile hike logged with GPS. On this trail you will cross the creek over a dozen times. The trail is very muddy in many areas. Parking area is a good size for this secluded trail. This hikes surprise is well worth the creek crossings and mud. The falls are very beautiful.

Peaceful walk through the woods by the creek. I could hear water almost the whole trip! The path was a gentle incline up almost the whole way, and fun in the way down. Be prepared for a scramble over bigger rocks at the end. There were three spots on the trail that were not marked clearly (two paths, both looked plausible ). I chose the one that hugged the creek and all was well. My 11.5 year old dog and I (50+) made it without problems, although we are sore today (knees). Was hoping for a bigger swimhole by the falls, but cooled off just fine in the cool spray of the falls and wading. Beautiful hike ! There are camping spots on the gravel road before the trail head .

This is a great short trail. The path is mostly rocky and you definitely want to wear waterproof shoes due to crossing the stream numerous times. We took our time and completed the trail in a little over 3 hours. We were the only ones there the day we went. Hearing the running stream was relaxing as we hiked.

Great 4.5 mile hike but wear your Chacos because round trip we crossed the creek 34 times.

the trail is tagged camping my family and children love to hike and camp. Does anyone thats hiked this trail know if theres designated tent spots or do u just find a spot

Wasn't expecting much and the waterfalls turned out to be way cooler than I thought. A lot of stream crossings.

After a haevy rain the stream that you need to cross maybe higher than your boots! Also, the stream is running faster and stronger.

Such a beautiful hike along and and throughout the creekside. The waterfalls were absolutely beautiful! Be sure to go up the trail to the left of the waterfalls so you can climb up to the third one up top and see them from up there!

Nice trail wear water shoes

Very nice hike with a very cool waterfall. Be prepared to get your feet wet with many creek crossings

If you don't like water, this isn't the trail for you! We crossed the creek about 14 times and there are some stepping stones, but they are slippery and I didn't always use them. Once at the falls, you can keep going to get on top of the double drop and even further to get onto the upper single drop, but it's dangerous. Also, the locals say watch out for snakes, particularly eastern diamond backs.