Forest Heritage Scenic Byway

Forest Heritage Scenic Byway is a 73.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

I have driven this beautiful byway several times . The scenery is always beautiful at any time of the year but especially during the fall.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

I completed much of the very scenic byway's northern section. I particularly enjoyed taking the curvy NC 215 from the Blue Ridge Parkway's Courthouse Valley Overlook area down to picturesque Lake Logan. This portion of the byway separates the Middle Prong and Shining Rock wildernesses. It also follows the West Fork Pigeon River and several tributaries, with a number of waterfalls just off the road. I will hopefully be back soon for the southern half of the byway, and many of the wonderful nearby trails and waterfalls there as well.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Curves, hills and I wish I had the bike instead of the car. But the scenery made it all worth while.