Fall Mountain Trail

Fall Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile loop trail located near Albemarle, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Albemarle, NC: Travel six miles east of Albemarle on NC 740. Turn right (east) onto Morrow Mountain Road and take it into the park. Travel past the park gate and the park residences and you will come to a fork in the road. Bear left and travel to the boat launch. The trail begins either near the boathouse or on the northeastern end of the boat launch parking lot.

Fun trail with lots of small rocks on portions of it. We did it clockwise and had a good time. Right at 4.1 miles as the sign at the trailhead states. Very clearly marked with orange triangles. Was definitely moderate for me. Lots of up then lots of down either way you go. Seems to be more switchbacks on the end part of the trail which was down for us going clockwise. So an easier ascent might be going counter clockwise with a longer ascent, but a more gradual incline.

We started to just take a walk down Lake Tillery. The trail was so enjoyable we continued to complete the trail. a bonus was a slight detour to find the Kron family cemetery. An interesting piece of Morrow Mountain history.

Trail is well maintained, took me right around 2 hours to complete. No spectacular views but good exercise.

Good exercise. I've never seen any good views from the trail. Apparently in winter you can. Don't expect that from the trail.

The trail is well maintained and great for a hike.

I loved this trail! It is rated as moderate and it was a good workout for me! I went with my son and his friend. We enjoyed nature and found many different types of mushrooms, which is one of my fav things to look for! I will definitely do this again. The trail was marked well and it actually is a loop. Other trails I've been on have not exactly been a loop or it has overgrown and I've lost the trail. The restrooms were decent and there is a canoe rental and a place to get snacks/waters, that doesn't open til 10am though. I will be back to rent a canoe.

Great trail!! Loved the quartz garden :):)

Trail was great!