Exclamation Point and Skyline Trail to Hickory Nut Falls

Exclamation Point and Skyline Trail to Hickory Nut Falls is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Lure, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,046 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Overall a great trail! The stair area is touristy but leads to some beautiful views! The additional trail at the top is less traveled and takes you to the top of the falls, which is gorgeous!

Amazing and beautiful. Will do it again.

This was a hard trail, but I set the goal to go to the top and I did!

It was really busy to the top of chimney rock but beautiful view. Then you can follow the trail to the top of the falls. There wasn’t too much elevation change on this part of the trail because once it got to the top it just followed the ridge line.

This hike which is a lot of stairs is great exercise but mostly for the views. My 11 year old kicked my but walking up the stairs. When you reach the top you can get a snack which he loved. Not a real hike but again, great for the scenery.

Get the elevator to Chimney rock to skip the first set of stairs. If you only walk to exclamation point is mostly stairs but if you continue to skyline then its a nice trail. Overall nice hike not too hard and with nice views.

Too much woo stairs, it is not a real hiking to me. But the view was awesome!! Beautiful place.

Took the stairs from the parking area bs then did the Exclamation and Skyline. Lots of steps and very little hiking but the views are awesome. The Skyline trail is mundane though.

Sunday, May 06, 2018

First, we took the Outcroppings trail - the view from chimney rock is great. Beware, it is literally pure stairs (I personally don't consider that a "hike"). It is also extremely windy up there (at least, it was today). We went on to the exclamation point trail, which led to exclamation point. Another nice view, but again, almost entirely stairs - not real "hiking" for me. From there, we took the skyline trail. Finally, we were off wood stairs and on the ground. Peregine's point from this trail allows for a beautiful lookout. The end of the trail is totally underwhelming - you can see some little waterfalls through the trees. If I did it again, I would turn around at Peregine's point, personally. Overall, not a bad trip, but I probably would not visit again.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Skyline is hardly worth the walk, and our least favorite in the park (id rate it a 2 out of 5 for “ worth it “ points) . That being said, exclamation point is very pretty and worth the extra effort!

recorded Chimney Rock!