Evergreen Nature Preserve Loop

easy 54 reviews

Evergreen Nature Preserve Loop is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Charlotte, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

This loop consists of several small trails in the Evergreen Nature Preserve trail system. Trails include the Norland Loop Trail, Evergreen Trail, Clear Creek Trail, Tulip Tree Trail, and Potters Road Trail. The far end of the loop comes out at a neighborhood park, which includes basketball and tennis courts. There is a small paved parking area at the trail head, and a facility building with restrooms and a picnic shelter. There is a water fountain and bike rack as well.

This trail is gorgeous however, it was really muddy and the maps are very confusing. I got my feet drenched 3-4 times. It is very secluded so go with a friend or dog. I didn’t feel safe there. Also the path was not paved. Which is why I’m only giving 3 stars because parts of the trail looks like no one has walked them in years.

This is a great trail for beginners like us. There are restrooms and the trail is well-maintained. Lots of shade. We went on a Saturday morning and we only saw one other person. Our dog loved it too!

Will never go back alone, incentive to get a dog or a taser. Super rape-y vibe the minute I walked onto the dirt trail—might have been the man in short shorts sitting spread eagle on a bench, might have been the young guy walking in sandals and jeans who I passed twice.

Great little hidden trail, very quiet clean and underused. A nice nature fix close to town. Some parts are kind of buggy and low lying so bug spray is a good idea.

I like this trail for an easy quick hike. It’s shaded 95% of the trail and it has a concrete loop for those that prefer that and then a natural loop trail off of that. It’s very clean but does have annoying bugs so you might want bug screen. The bathrooms weren’t open so a little disappointing after a 2 mile hike.

This is the cleanest trail I’ve been on in Charlotte. Short and sweet, as others have reviewed. Great quick workout and deserted, which I love (granted it’s 92 degrees out). If you want to cut your teeth by trying trail running, this is the spot. Not many tree root obstacles or rocks, and super flat. Also has a water fountain near the facility with a low faucet for rinsing or for pups. Someone even left a dog bowl so my dog could get a quick drink when we were done.

closed

Great trail close to uptown. Good for a morning hike, but beware of mud if it has recently rained!

Wonderful city trail. Plan for very muddy sections if it has recently rained.

Sun Nov 18 2018

Great little trail complex right outside Uptown Charlotte. Easy but unpaved so has a very natural feel.

Sun Jul 22 2018

Some of he trail is paved, pushing a stroller wasn’t too bad. Did the figure 8 to see the whole trail and spent some time in the playground in the back.

Sat Jun 23 2018

We live 10 mins away from here and never knew this even existed. We heard about it from our neighborhood newsletter and decided to check it out. I literally drove by this road a million times as a kid but hadn’t been down Norland in years. I was so happy to see they had build a small parking area, super nice bathrooms, and information area. This is a great getaway from the city while your in the city! Our dogs loved it. All the trails were super easy, but we loved how secluded it felt especially with how close to uptown it is! Will return!

Tue May 15 2018

Tucked in behind the cemetary. Parked at the school.

Fri May 11 2018