Cox Mountain Trail

Cox Mountain Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durham, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

The trail is great for a day hike and offers places to camp and launch canoes.

Fun trail, decent elevation change. Terrain was moderate and trail running in the fall makes it very easy to stumble on tree roots or rocks. Be careful! I ended up at 3.3mi but I think I missed the 1.5mi loop on the back. I went counter clockwise and when I came to an intersection got confused and went back to the trail head. Either way, awesome state park.

FYI the Track shown is actually for the Cox Mountain Trail combined with part of the Fanny's Ford trail

Great trail. Most of it use to be a road back in the 1800's. Can't wait to do or again.

A great local trail for a 2 1/2 hour hike including a picnic lunch. There are lots of roots, rocks and steps. A fair amount of elevation with a lot of switchbacks. We heard a large tree fall in the woods. The river was lovely, lots of people swimming. Enjoyed the suspension bridge. Recommend going early as the park was full by the time we left at noon.

This was a great workout! I combined Cox Mountain Trail with Holden's Mill Trail and branched off a little further to gain a few extra miles. Plenty of elevation change and rocks to get across. The river was pretty and had lots of people playing in the water and having picnics. I'll definitely be back to this one again. Part of the trail has been re-routed, so it doesn't match the map exactly, but didn't have any problems following the path.

This is a moderate hike. Nice and shady as well as a cool breeze on the day we hiked in May. Saw 3 snakes tho. Great trek, check out Picnic nearby for lunch. 5 stars.

Nice trail. When you get to the loop portion going left is the biggest elevation change part of the trail which I was glad I tackled first.

Not crowded, clearly marked, and beautiful. I set up my hammock along the Eno on my return across the footbridge... just gorgeous! A good amount of elevation change to keep your heart rate up.

Well kept and clearly marked, but also challenging with lots of elevation change. It seems like they've made the trail a bit longer than is currently marked here, but there's no danger of getting lost.

A little upset they re routed the trail to not have a challenging climb.

The scenery was amazing. Lots of different terrain and elevation changes. EXCELLENT workout if you're trying to build up stamina. Absolutely enjoyed myself!

Beautiful river and hanging bridge along with well-maintained trail. We are looking forward to hiking move of the Eno trails.

Good hike. Good distance and elevation.

I am new to hiking and out of shape. this trail is an awesome workout for those like myself. I had to rest a minute 2 times, but I did do the whole thing. I am someone who pushes through so I wanted to complete it, but I wouldn't recommend this to all 46 year old, out of shapers :) We will be back though, we loved it!

Lots of people and dogs on a Saturday but overall a good workout.

Good length of a hike and some challenge (for me at least) with the incline and coming back up. It was busy, particularly on a beautiful February day.

Nice trail but fairly busy for people who prefer a little more solitude.

I always have a fun time walking this trail. It is a relaxing trail but also gets in a nice walk.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A fairly challenging Trail with great scenery!

Wednesday, November 02, 2016