Enloe Creek Trail

Enloe Creek Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cherokee, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Cherokee, NC: Travel north on US 441 to the Smokemont Ranger Station and Campground. Start of Lower Hughes Ridge Trail and travel north to intersect with Enloe Creek Trail.

The Hyatt Ridge Trail part of the hike is a long incline and a bit grueling. I saw a few black bears around the top of the ridge where The Hyatt Ridge Trail and The Enloe Creek Trail meet, so that was pretty cool. I could see why considering that the trail was covered with acorns. Raven Fork is definitely the highlight of the whole experience. I fished down stream for about a mile and I must have caught 50 brookies and rainbows all together. The trail only crosses the creek at one point (the bridge), so I had to move downstream on the creek to get to the good spots. It was tough day, but a day well spent.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

This trail was extremely difficult with a backpack straight up for over an hour then straight down for another 45 or so. The you tube video that guy made for fishing was awesome but he neglected to mention how tough it was coming in and out. I can't say I caught a ton of fish because I didn't so that would've made the trip much, much better. The area was beautiful and river was gold water, never seen anything like it.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

This trail was in the middle of no where basically. What it doesn't state in the description is that it takes 1.9 miles to hike to the actual trail,which is mostly walked upon by horses. (A lot of manure to maneuver around) It is an incline much of the way,as we turned around due to rain and just too dense of an area. This trail is actually a little over 6 miles instead of 3,round trip.

Sunday, March 29, 2015