Emerald Isle Woods Trail

Emerald Isle Woods Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Emerald Isle, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Easy hike & took out our paddle boards here (there wasn't a spot to choose paddle boards from the activity list). Lightning came in while we were out on our boards and we got stuck on some oyster beds. My fault b/c I didn't realize we headed out right before low tide. Be aware if you go out of the tide schedule. Nice fishing spot too!

Kid friendly short hike. Lots of picnic options.

Park at any of the spots to reach the trail. A few small hills with roots and loose sandy soil but nothing a pair of boots won't handle. Easy hike despite the heat. A few public water accesses and one for kayaks which is quite nice. Saw no one in the hour I was out there. NOT stroller accessible. There are restrooms but I didn't use them so not sure what they are actually like but there were signs posted for them. If you brought a small rod and reel you could do a little fishing from a pier while looking at Emerald Isle bridge. Trail not well marked as far as signage goes but it's quite clear as far as a trail goes. Something easy to do between kiddo naps.

Nice easy trail to start on.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

First adventure walking trail...

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Hilly enough but could have been longer. Other than that it was a nice little trail to do after work or in the morning. The pups loved it.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Not a bad trail. Looks like it's in the early stages. Some areas in need of cleanup, but also some nice, well-made boardwalks. There were a few large puddles on the day we went. A lot more hills than I expected—which was a pleasant surprise. Nice sound view area.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Great handicap accessible ramp with canoe access ramp, love seeing this for out door activities. Neat woods trial.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

this trail currently has a blow out in it towards the dock and stairs that forces you into the muck. There's some wood placed oddly in the middle of it. fun trail just be aware of that

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Had a blast hiking this trail. My 2 boys had a blast exploring the woods and water.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Very relaxing trail! Had a couple of picnic tables and even some grills at one point in the trail. Also has a kayak launch.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nice pretty day, windy, pier is a must see, little difficulties made it more adventurous. Good trail!
Didn't see a snake until the very end of the trail.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Really neat trail. Lots of neat things to see. Lots of extra trails to explore. Lots of neature and saw some crabs on the dock. I could tell because of the way they were. Really neat.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Nice easy trail, a few small hills, not crowded- bring bug spray! Lots of mosquitos!! Make sure to check the fur babies, ours got a couple ticks. Some decent views off of the jetties of the inter coastal waterway. Some folks were fishing and painting, all were friendly. And I have to strongly agree with other reviews, the bathrooms were rediculously clean, please try scented and well stocked.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Nice walk through woods. Lots of birds. Some views of Sound and can go out on dock. Hilly but not serious.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My girlfriend and I walked this trail over Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't crowded at all. We only saw one other couple when we arrived but they took a different trail and were gone when we returned to the car. It's a nice walk in the woods and didn't take long to complete. The hills on the trail were nice since most coastal trails are flat. The bugs weren't too bad either.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Its a good little wooded trail.

Thursday, April 13, 2017