Dunn-Erwin Rail Trail

Dunn-Erwin Rail Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Erwin, North Carolina and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

This trail is a flat hard packed sandy soil surface trail that runs 5 miles between Erwin and Dunn, NC. The address I got off this site was not correct. The correct address to find the trailhead in Erwin is 115 E. H St, Erwin, NC. The 13 St address takes you somewhere else.

This flat trail is probably about 8 feet wide and has markers at every 1/10 mile telling you how far you are from both the Erwin and Dunn ends of the trail. If you start from Erwin there is parking right there at the trailhead in front of some businesses.

I don't have an address to give you for the Dunn end but we did drive to it and couldn't find any good parking and a family member who lives in Dunn says there are sometimes loose dogs on that end of the trail. I didn't see any loose dogs when I checked it out.

For jogging, walking, or biking this is a nice trail.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

This trail has been extended to the Cape fear river trail. passing through town connecting to another path.

Friday, November 04, 2016

It was so beautiful. A great trail for cycling. I love how quiet and private it was. See my photos above. If you just keep pedaling those dogs will eat your dust with their barking.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

I had a bad experience with this trail. very, very flat and boring and creepy. no humans around for miles and miles. At one point three pitbulls came out from one of the farms and chased me for a ways. Dont go alone on this one

Friday, June 19, 2015

This is a nice running trail. The trail is flat and wide with a mix of both city and farm landscapes.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016