Dismal Swamp Canal via US 17

Dismal Swamp Canal via US 17 is a 23 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near South Mills, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, birding, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Thursday, June 23, 2016

We stopped by the State Park also serve as a rest stop on the 17. Nice.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

In the end we spent four days in the park. Mostly by fat tire bike

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Follow the Dismal Swamp Canal from the Virginia line down to NC SR 1221 and back, stopping often.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A nice ride on a bright, beautiful mid-December day. This trail is great for a mountain bike or big tire bike. It is level all the way so you don't need gears. It runs from the park headquarters to the Virginia line.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

I spent 2 days and plan to spend more. I saw a bobcat, but he went across in front of me so fast that I could not get his picture even though I had the camera on and in my hand. Like most parks, the rangers are really friendly here. It was beautiful December weather and I truly enjoyed it. Most of the trails in the park are joint hiking/biking except for two.

Sunday, August 28, 2016