Deep Creek Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryson City, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 895 feet Route Type: Loop

wide paths, 3 falls, nice area, was a little crowded

Easy hike. Several waterfalls. Scenic and not too crowded had wide path easy to distance from others if wanted. Was muddy in areas.

Amazing!

Well maintained trail. Went for wildflowers and found a beautiful assortment of some really hard to find varieties. Loop trail has 3 great waterfalls.

amazing hike with a ton of water. decent climb too

Relaxing hike!

Super easy with beautiful falls

lovely trail fir the fall with all the leaves changing color!!

Beautiful area! It was a little crowded, but that is to be expected this time of year.

Beautiful! Still striking colors! November 9th 2019

Great easy trail, we went out counter clock wise. The second waterfall is easy to miss if you just stay on the trail and go across the bridge, but I highly recommend detouring up the other trail 200ft to view it. From the bridge to the juney whanker falls, it went from an easy dirt road to an actual horse path with decent elevation change. Be careful of horse scat!

My wife and I are used to trails in Central Illinois, so this was a nice upper easy/intermediate trail for us. The trail was perfect for us. We took the loop which starts out as a nice wide path, but turns into a horse trail, so watch your step! LOL. There hasn't been much rain, so I'm guessing water levels are down for the falls, but overall was a beautiful stroll through the woods. We loved seeing all the falls, some were bigger than others, but I found myself drawn to the calm and sereness of the smaller brooks. The sound of the water trickling over the rocks is so soothing. A note: about 2/3 of the way, you come to a bridge. Take the extra time to go up and to the right - not very far at all, to see the Indian Springs Falls entrance. It will be worth the time and trip down the steps. We saw fish and a Blue Heron hunting, and the falls were really pretty too.

Lovely! We did the loop counterclockwise and the ups were mild and comfortable.

Great trail for beginners, families, etc. Beautiful scenery, wild life encounters.

Great trail for the whole family

I would not rate this as easy. Lots of uphill in places and lots of exposed roots. My husband and I walk/hike 5 miles a day and more on weekends. I didn’t take my trekking poles or water because this was listed as easy. BIG MISTAKE! This trail, according to our Map My Walk app was 5.3 miles. We did it counterclockwise. Great trail, just not as listed. There are some good, easy flat parts, but the whole trail loop is moderate.

Great trail. Well maintained and easy to travel on. Multiple falls located on trail which have easy access to falls. There is one are that is steep and has a 500+ foot elevation climb. Easy footing with rocks and logs forming steps. Good hike with area of down grade in trees and along creek. Beginning and end of loop along gravel road. Recommend taking trail head to left to start loop.

Camped just down the road and had a great time in this beautiful park. The trail wasn’t too bad in comparison to some smoky trails!

Went clockwise. Shortly after starting we got to Juney Falls, then lots of beautiful trail filled with streams, bridges, butterflies, and rhododendrons. Towards the end of the trail after you connect to Indian creek loop you get to Indian creek falls. Then you come up to the section where people are walking tubes upstream to ride down the creek. They bring them about .8 mile up the trail. On the tubing section is the Tom Branch falls.

3 waterfalls here. 1) Juney Whank falls: near entry to trailhead. Steep hike 0.2 miles. 2) Tom Branch falls: best of the three...easy flat hike right along creek. 3) Indian Creek falls..moderate about 1 mile from trailhead. If you are hiking for the falls only....turn around at Indian Creek and dont do the loop. There are no added falls and the loop is MUCH longer than simply doubling back. NOTE..creek tubing is also here. Shallow creek and a great activity for kids/people of all ages. You can rent a tube at several places as you approach the park. Recommend tube with a back support. A lot of fun...highly recommended.

Fairly easy trail. Beautiful waterfalls. A must if you're in the area.

awesome app working very well in Bryson city North Carolina

Great,easy trail. Many waterfalls. Beautiful.

bridge out
Mon May 27 2019

Steep start but downhill most of the time. 3 neat waterfalls. 6 year old loved it!

Thu May 02 2019

Hiked it May 1st. Lots of wildflowers and butterflies. A good portion is along a rushing river which looks and sounds amazing. Majority of trail is easy, but there is a climb in the middle that might be a challenge for very young or elderly. But can be done with a few extra rest breaks or turn around. I highly recommend this hike.

Thu Apr 04 2019

This app said it was mountain bike friendly. It was not. We took our bikes only to find we could travel along the creek which was pretty but you couldn’t do the loop. There are stairs and visibly at the beginning of the other end of trail it says ‘no bikes’ . It’s a beautiful area though.