Daniel Ridge

Daniel Ridge is a 4.2 mile loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

Nice trail. Good workout for a day hike. Waterfall is impressive for its height not its volume. Fair warning, if hiking counter-clockwise don't miss the switch back just before the water fall. I was so taken by the falls that I walked right passed it. Had to double back to find it.

Beautiful with moderate terrain. Not super-well marked.

4 miles of great hike!

The prettiest of the hikes we did for fall colors but the most crowded on a Sunday morning, lots of bikers and a few hiking groups.

This was a nice hike. It was a bit mundane the first mile or so but afterwards the trail became a bit more interesting. Not many views while on the trail, but I imagine in a couple weeks or so when the leaves begin to change it will be beautiful. Especially in winter, I would love to see the waterfall in winter. It was trickling down,it hasn't rained in a while,but was still worth seeing. Trail was moderate,sometimes it had some inclines..but not too bad. We did take the trail clockwise ,but I don't think it matters if your just hiking. If your on a bike then it might make a difference, It's also a mountain bike trail. We went on a weekend and very light traffic. We saw 3 people hiking. This trail is marked really well,made it easy to follow. It has some swimming holes and the creek is pretty much right a long the hike on and off. There were many open spots to pitch a tent and camp out. I would do this hike again maybe in a few weeks.

Beautiful hike along the river. Some meadows along the trail but mostly dense forest. Lots of side trails and places to go down to the river and let my dog splash and play.
The hiking is moderate with a few steep parts. I will hike it again for sure.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

I only hiked to the top of the waterfall so I cannot comment on the rest of the trail. The trail head was very crowded with vehicles parked everywhere on the road and in the small parking lot. The trail starts off on gravel and it stays this way till the bottom of the falls. Once you reach this point you can back track and then follow a more traditional trail up to the top of the waterfall and beyond.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Friday, April 15, 2016

Trail itself is not majorly eventful however, in the fall, it's a really pretty hike! The colors are beautiful and Daniel Ridge Waterfall is wonderful! I thoroughly love the waterfall, especially after alot of rain. Quite surprising to see a waterfall of that size on this hiking trail. *side note - The trail head area where there is an old iron bridge has a wonderful creek and is a great place to camp!

Sunday, April 03, 2016