Daniel Ridge

Daniel Ridge is a 4.2 mile loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Added trail 106 that intersects with art loeb trail for a 10 mile hike. Awesome trek

I'm a newbie to hiking, definitely enjoyed this trail There were a few times I wasn't sure which way to go, luckily a biker or another hiker would show up, increasing my confidence that I knew what the heck I was doing!

Great trail. I hiked with my dog and we started out on the right fork - Falls first. This fork is steeper than the left fork which was fine with me. It was a good workout and I'd rather ascend the steep bits and descend more smoothly. The descent was smooth and nice with the creek running along the trail. Plenty of water for my dog. A well-marked trail.

Great trail, enjoyed it better doing the falls first as it's the more difficult section to knock out first.

Very nice hike. Added Farlow and AL for a bit more distance. Hike out is mostly ascent and thus descent on the way back. Bikers on Daniel Ridge portion but almost no one on Farlow Gap. Camped the night riverside on Farlow and then headed up the AL in the morning. Beautiful weather. Tons of Salamanders after an evening rain.

Nice trail. Good workout for a day hike. Waterfall is impressive for its height not its volume. Fair warning, if hiking counter-clockwise don't miss the switch back just before the water fall. I was so taken by the falls that I walked right passed it. Had to double back to find it.

Beautiful with moderate terrain. Not super-well marked.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

The prettiest of the hikes we did for fall colors but the most crowded on a Sunday morning, lots of bikers and a few hiking groups.

Monday, September 26, 2016

This was a nice hike. It was a bit mundane the first mile or so but afterwards the trail became a bit more interesting. Not many views while on the trail, but I imagine in a couple weeks or so when the leaves begin to change it will be beautiful. Especially in winter, I would love to see the waterfall in winter. It was trickling down,it hasn't rained in a while,but was still worth seeing. Trail was moderate,sometimes it had some inclines..but not too bad. We did take the trail clockwise ,but I don't think it matters if your just hiking. If your on a bike then it might make a difference, It's also a mountain bike trail. We went on a weekend and very light traffic. We saw 3 people hiking. This trail is marked really well,made it easy to follow. It has some swimming holes and the creek is pretty much right a long the hike on and off. There were many open spots to pitch a tent and camp out. I would do this hike again maybe in a few weeks.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beautiful hike along the river. Some meadows along the trail but mostly dense forest. Lots of side trails and places to go down to the river and let my dog splash and play.
The hiking is moderate with a few steep parts. I will hike it again for sure.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

I only hiked to the top of the waterfall so I cannot comment on the rest of the trail. The trail head was very crowded with vehicles parked everywhere on the road and in the small parking lot. The trail starts off on gravel and it stays this way till the bottom of the falls. Once you reach this point you can back track and then follow a more traditional trail up to the top of the waterfall and beyond.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Trail itself is not majorly eventful however, in the fall, it's a really pretty hike! The colors are beautiful and Daniel Ridge Waterfall is wonderful! I thoroughly love the waterfall, especially after alot of rain. Quite surprising to see a waterfall of that size on this hiking trail. *side note - The trail head area where there is an old iron bridge has a wonderful creek and is a great place to camp!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Good hike, moderate difficulty.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Good

Sunday, March 06, 2016

We hiked this wonderful trail as suggested, in a clockwise direction.The trail is marked with red blazes and it starts off very easy as you walk along a nice roadbed but soon the trail narrows and you begin a moderate climb. The trail is in good shape but there are a lot of roots, so be very careful! You will follow the creek up this side and it is just fantastic with all of the many cascades and mini falls, we just love the sound s of the cascading waters. After a couple of miles you will reach the intersection of Farlow Gap Trail.Follow the red blaze. The trail turns right here and you continue your climb. You will soon reach the crest and begin your descent through some nice open forests, the trail still has quite a few roots and rocks so continue to be on guard. The trail levels out and then you go through a nice rhododendron tunnel.You will soon come to several little creek crossings and wet areas...some have log bridges and others have wooden walkways, continuing on you soon come to the very top of the falls... it is pretty hard to see very much from here but you know it is there! The big surprise is when you get down to the base of the falls, we went after there had been rains early in the week and the falls was spectacular!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Great trail not to strenuous. Lots of creeks and waterfalls. Very pretty.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Beautiful area to hike

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Did this loop both ways, you can't go wrong either way. One side is super techy on the downhill as you will have lots of medium, small drops with lots of rocks in your path. The other way down is a bit faster and steeper. You will definitely be walking your bike up portions of this trail no matter which way you go.

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

A very good workout trail. I went clockwise & glad i did, a little steep in places but to bad & some cool looking camp sites along the way. Pretty cool waterfall at the end!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Took unmarked trail from Cove Creek Falls trail to Daniel Ridge trail, much was overgrown. Nice waterfall.