Daniel Ridge

Daniel Ridge is a 4.2 mile loop trail located near Brevard, North Carolina. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'm a newbie to hiking, definitely enjoyed this trail There were a few times I wasn't sure which way to go, luckily a biker or another hiker would show up, increasing my confidence that I knew what the heck I was doing!

Great trail. I hiked with my dog and we started out on the right fork - Falls first. This fork is steeper than the left fork which was fine with me. It was a good workout and I'd rather ascend the steep bits and descend more smoothly. The descent was smooth and nice with the creek running along the trail. Plenty of water for my dog. A well-marked trail.

Great trail, enjoyed it better doing the falls first as it's the more difficult section to knock out first.

Very nice hike. Added Farlow and AL for a bit more distance. Hike out is mostly ascent and thus descent on the way back. Bikers on Daniel Ridge portion but almost no one on Farlow Gap. Camped the night riverside on Farlow and then headed up the AL in the morning. Beautiful weather. Tons of Salamanders after an evening rain.

Nice trail. Good workout for a day hike. Waterfall is impressive for its height not its volume. Fair warning, if hiking counter-clockwise don't miss the switch back just before the water fall. I was so taken by the falls that I walked right passed it. Had to double back to find it.

Beautiful with moderate terrain. Not super-well marked.

4 miles of great hike!

The prettiest of the hikes we did for fall colors but the most crowded on a Sunday morning, lots of bikers and a few hiking groups.

This was a nice hike. It was a bit mundane the first mile or so but afterwards the trail became a bit more interesting. Not many views while on the trail, but I imagine in a couple weeks or so when the leaves begin to change it will be beautiful. Especially in winter, I would love to see the waterfall in winter. It was trickling down,it hasn't rained in a while,but was still worth seeing. Trail was moderate,sometimes it had some inclines..but not too bad. We did take the trail clockwise ,but I don't think it matters if your just hiking. If your on a bike then it might make a difference, It's also a mountain bike trail. We went on a weekend and very light traffic. We saw 3 people hiking. This trail is marked really well,made it easy to follow. It has some swimming holes and the creek is pretty much right a long the hike on and off. There were many open spots to pitch a tent and camp out. I would do this hike again maybe in a few weeks.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beautiful hike along the river. Some meadows along the trail but mostly dense forest. Lots of side trails and places to go down to the river and let my dog splash and play.
The hiking is moderate with a few steep parts. I will hike it again for sure.