Croatan National Forest - Cedar Point Trail

Croatan National Forest - Cedar Point Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Swansboro, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! I needed a good area to walk my overly energetic dog, and this place offered more than enough to peak her interest!

A very easy walk with several vistas of the tidal marsh along the trail. Also, there are several walkovers with great views of the marsh and tributaries. Wildlife viewing depends on the time of day and year. Highlights from today's walk yielded great white and blue herons, a kingfisher going about his business and several passing ibis. I often visit this area for wildlife photography but was on a plein-air outing today. This is my favorite walk-about when in this area.

Nice views and a good amount of secondary trails to explore

Great easy trail with awesome views.

Beautiful sunny hike- would highly recommend!

So serene and relaxing!

Beautiful and relaxing. Very nice w the water and the wooden bridges

I enjoyed this hike! Easy and enjoyable!

Great Trail
What a great outing!

My friend and I did this yesterday. we got lost in the woods for a while. It was really fun. There's a geocache in the woods. It's really an amazing trail and so beautiful.

Was very nice. Good views and easy to walk.

Short and sweet! Trails are well-marked.

easy. and love taking the stroller out there.

Great park for a quick walk with the dog!

Nice trails. Very easy going and accessible. There were people running and biking on the trail as well but there was plenty of room to pass. We took the dogs with us. It was a little busier than I usually like. The scenery is beautiful though. Nice peaceful walk.

Nice trail!

Very hot and humid as it is this time of year. Well maintained trail. Defiantly stroller accessible IF yours has BOB style wheels. Lots of smells crabs to watch and fish jumping. The sun on the water is beautiful. Wooden walk way over the water is in great shape. Parking lot had plenty of room too. I did it with a 7 month old on my back.

Absolutely beautiful trails and well maintained! The only reason I would not rate higher is because the trails are not marked at all.

Still, they are clean and easy to navigate with interpretive signs along the way with plenty of wildlife. My seven year old son and I saw plenty of fiddler crabs, a blue crab, orb weaver spiders and egrets.

great walk for a family

Great place for a run or stroll! Just make sure that you bring or spray yourself with mosquito repellent & plenty of sunscreen!

Lots of fiddler crabs and well maintained boardwalks. Definitely an easy walk or run.

really liked this trail great for everyone and lots of beautiful views.

nice trail

Sunday, May 28, 2017

great short trail.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

beautiful little trail!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Beautiful views and clean clear paths.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

wonderful

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Great walk for all. Make sure you have bug spray. We hiked it in March on a cloudy day. It is easily accessed for all.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Very easy walk with chance to see plenty of wildlife. At sunset, the surrounding marsh turns unfairly gorgeous. Relish it.

Monday, February 27, 2017

It's a perfect local trail. As of this week they have had to take out a few raccoons for rabies so I suggest not bringing your dogs until it gets under control