Crabtree Falls Trail

Crabtree Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marion, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Crabtree Falls is a moderate loop trail located off the Blue Ridge Parkway, leading to 70' Crabtree Falls.

Steep steps towards bottom. Down all the way in, up reverse. One of the nicest falls in NC. Well worth the hike

Excellent trail. We hiked after a rain and it was muddy in places, but the waterfall was well worth the wait.

Great trail. Lots of people though. Didn’t expect to be that crowded. Nice waterfall.

Quick hike to see a waterfall off of the Blue Ridge Parkway! We did this hike in a slight rainfall and it was perfect weather! Falls were the best at that time too.

Plenty of parking available.
The trail was very well marked, and despite having rained earlier in the day, it wasn’t overly muddy or slick.
The falls were gorgeous! Definitely worth the hike to see. I strongly recommend hiking the full loop...there are beautiful views all along the way:) took less than 2 hours altogether, including time stopped to enjoy the breathtaking waterfall.

The Falls were beautiful and worth every step of the hike. If you have children be very careful as the lower 2/3 of the trail has very jagged rocks and exposed roots. Will definitely hike this trail again when we are in the area.

Loved this hike. Was so worth the drive. Second half is a bit harder, but some really pretty viewpoints. Also some nice rock formations to see.

This is a beautiful trail to an even more beautiful waterfall. Like everyone else has said, it is so much prettier than it appears in pictures. It was well worth the walk. Definitely take the rest of the loop back to the trailhead as the additional water access points are worth the extra effort.

Short hike to the falls. I’m used to really strenuous trails so this trail is very easy for anyone to do. The rocks are slippery so I would just be careful if your going to walk up close to the waterfall. Beautiful waterfall off of the blue ridge parkway.

good trail

Such a beautiful waterfall!! Picture doesn't do it's justice! Bring a hammock that you can wrap up around trees and there is perfect set of trees to tie it up on right beside waterfall! More than relaxing and refreshing. Hike back up is incline and a great workout.

Beautiful hike. The falls is extremely gorgeous.

Incredible trail with multiple waterfalls! Pretty easy hike.

Gorgeous right after a good rain! The trail was very natural, lots of rocks & logs, so be careful with your footing. Be prepared for the uphill hike on the way back. It was a lot on my dogs, they were completely give out & were wanting us the carry them before we made it back, so I probably wouldn’t take them on this hike again.

The falls are very pretty. We did this last minute at the end of a long day and we weren’t prepared for the uphill journey ALL the way back. It’s downhill all the way to the falls and then of course uphill going back. We didn’t do the loop because it was a longer trail and we were short on time and energy. Thousands and thousands of rocks and roots along the trail...be careful not to twist or break your ankle! Probably wouldn’t take my 5 year old for that reason.

My husband and I loved this hike although we do wish it were a little longer. The trail is well maintained and very clean. The terrain was awesome with lots of big rocks and tree roots (we like the more natural trails). We didn’t bring our dog on this hike and I’m glad we didn’t. There are several parts throughout the loop that would be tough on a dog’s paws and hips (spoken from someone whose dog tore their ACL on a hike). There were 2 other beautiful falls that we passed on the way in (we took the loop counter clockwise) that we weren’t expecting. The trail was absolutely beautiful and we even saw a chipmunk. We will definitely go back!

Everything about this hike is what hiking is about! Loved it.

Very nice hike. Trailhead is at rest are off of Blueridge Parkway. There used to be facilities there but Govt shut them down. camp/RV site was closed for a bit, looks to be back open. Trail starts to right end of lot and is paved for fist 400 ft, you pass old ampitheather which must have been something back it it's day, cross a meadow and campground and facilities (including potable water) is the the left, then hike starts. I'd recommend making counter clockwise loop otherwise you are climbing a good bit if rocks stairs on way out. Stream flows to left of trail most of way with a few footbridges to cross. then falls are located in rhododendron hollow. stunning!!! Great hike and relatively easy if you are in shape. I am not, lots of stops on hike out.

Well worth the effort to get to the falls and the loop option was a nice change of scenery with a much more peaceful hike out. We only saw 4 other hikers on our way out.

Beautiful falls, trail is very well marked, trailhead is well marked. I took my dogs and they did finel but this isn't a dog friendly fall that they can play safely around (my opinion).

loved it! waterfall was definitely worth the 1 and a half hour drive

Great hike. great pay off at falls. be ready for uphill on either direction. on to do list again for sure

Just finished this trail today. It was very nice and took a couple hours to do the full loop. It is steep at times but nothing crazy. If you have bad knees, I’d skip this one. It is up hill then down hill, down hill streams and up again. There are steep stairs but a railing is there. The fall is beautiful and worth the short trek. I loved it and would go back again ❤️

Beautiful trail with Rhododendron all around which form a “tunnel” over head at times. The trail has several old river bed rocks and downed trees built in which make the trail that much better. I love this waterfall at any water level; when it’s low waters you can go underneath and when the waters high it’s breathtaking to see the waters power before flowing underneath you (view point is a bridge).

My bf and I had a hard time finding this because we lost all cell phone reception on our way there from Albert's Lodge in Burnsville, NC and even our dash mounted gps sent us to the wrong location. I would def recommend writing down the directions in case you lose reception. We ran out of time to keep looking for it and continued on to TN..

Nice hike with options to make this 2-4 miles, with a shorter 1 mile route to the beautiful waterfall. Has a bench to sit and enjoy the view and take a rest. My husband and I did the loop, making this 3 miles total. The first .3-5 miles back were strenuous uphill for a moderate hiker but otherwise an enjoyable route. Be advised the drive is very windy for those with motion sickness.

Great hike with beautiful falls. The trail itself offers at least 3 things...scenic views, great falls, and some descent obstacles.

Awesome hike, lots of rocks to the falls, but easy. Breathtaking view of the falls, as there is a little bridge with bench to sit and take it all in. The hike out is straight up but then quickly levels and then a very easy walk out.

Loved this trail. A little busy and very short but beautiful.

Love the rugged trek over stones and thru shallow water, up and down slate stairways and crossing bridges over flowing creeks. Stellar reward at the bottom with the beauty of the falls.