Crabtree Falls Trail

Crabtree Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marion, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Crabtree Falls is a moderate loop trail located off the Blue Ridge Parkway, leading to 70' Crabtree Falls.

Great hike. great pay off at falls. be ready for uphill on either direction. on to do list again for sure

Just finished this trail today. It was very nice and took a couple hours to do the full loop. It is steep at times but nothing crazy. If you have bad knees, I’d skip this one. It is up hill then down hill, down hill streams and up again. There are steep stairs but a railing is there. The fall is beautiful and worth the short trek. I loved it and would go back again ❤️

Beautiful trail with Rhododendron all around which form a “tunnel” over head at times. The trail has several old river bed rocks and downed trees built in which make the trail that much better. I love this waterfall at any water level; when it’s low waters you can go underneath and when the waters high it’s breathtaking to see the waters power before flowing underneath you (view point is a bridge).

My bf and I had a hard time finding this because we lost all cell phone reception on our way there from Albert's Lodge in Burnsville, NC and even our dash mounted gps sent us to the wrong location. I would def recommend writing down the directions in case you lose reception. We ran out of time to keep looking for it and continued on to TN..

Nice hike with options to make this 2-4 miles, with a shorter 1 mile route to the beautiful waterfall. Has a bench to sit and enjoy the view and take a rest. My husband and I did the loop, making this 3 miles total. The first .3-5 miles back were strenuous uphill for a moderate hiker but otherwise an enjoyable route. Be advised the drive is very windy for those with motion sickness.

Great hike with beautiful falls. The trail itself offers at least 3 things...scenic views, great falls, and some descent obstacles.

Awesome hike, lots of rocks to the falls, but easy. Breathtaking view of the falls, as there is a little bridge with bench to sit and take it all in. The hike out is straight up but then quickly levels and then a very easy walk out.

Loved this trail. A little busy and very short but beautiful.

Love the rugged trek over stones and thru shallow water, up and down slate stairways and crossing bridges over flowing creeks. Stellar reward at the bottom with the beauty of the falls.

Hiked this trail today with my husband and 12-year old daughter and her friend. I’m not in great shape and the kids are not super active so I was a bit nervous about it but the trail is in great shape and the falls are spectacular! We loved it. We had so much fun climbing around on the rocks at the base of the falls in the mist and wading a bit even though the water was very cold. Got some great pictures. Made for a lovely afternoon. Arrived about 1:30 pm and we were done by 4:00 even though I am a pretty slow hiker. It wasn’t very crowded but there were a few other people hiking it today. I think about 5-6 cars during the whole time we were there. I would do this one again and I’m glad we went.

Managed to complete the trail before the cold weather set in. Kids loved it, great trail!!

Great trail! The falls are beautiful, and the drive up to the trail has some awesome views of the mountains too

Loved this walk. A little treacherous with bad knees but persevered and well with it. Continued up the mountain after the fall instead of going back the way you come in. Good decision as the path is smoother is even though longer in miles it was faster pace.

One of my favorites.. downhill hike into the falls and moderately challenging up and out. This hike can be done rather quickly, but it’s always fun to explore the rocks at the bottom of the falls. We have seen copperheads so use caution.

One of my all time favorite hikes. This waterfall is absolutely amazing!!! Worth every step. If you are thinking of doing this trail. DO IT!!

Awesome easy trail!

Crabtree falls is the hidden gem of blue ridge parkway. It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls I have ever seen. It is less than three miles all together and is dog friendly. The hike is slightly more challenging when the rocky trail is wet, but still easy for a “strenuous” trail.

This is a great hike with with nice views and a beautiful waterfall. The trail is well marked and even though it is classified as moderate most would have to consider it easy. You can access it off the parkway and the trail head is obvious. I chose to do the hike counter clockwise but I think ether way is going to be about equal. The only challenging part going counter clockwise was hundred yards or so right after the falls. There are definitely plenty of rocks and roots to navigate through out the hike so proper shoes are a must. I saw no one else on the trail even though it was a gorgeous December day. I highly recommend this hike, it’s less than 3 miles to complete the loop and it can be accomplished at a fast pace. You can step right up to the falls and get some awesome photos.

Awesome waterfall! You can get within about 10' of the bottom of the falls, with the best access being from the left side as you approach. The trail is rather easy. The only difficult part is after crossing the creek. Lots of switchback and elevation gain. But the trial is a very cool hike; natural surface once away from the parking/camping areas and very scenic.

This is a beautiful hike. It is a very rocky trail in places and was more strenuous than I expected but I highly recommend it.

Wonderful trail! The hike was very pretty (a little wet in places but easily navigable). The waterfall was gorgeous. Had the bonus excitement of getting proposed to at the base of the falls! Side note, I found 2 camera SD cards in plastic cases on the right side of the falls. If anyone is missing them, please message me on Facebook!

loved this place! ♡

Loved this hike!! Still slot of fall color !

Beautiful views!! Do the whole loop!!

Amazing views

Great hike! It’s worth doing the longer loop around. Beautiful falls.

Great hike if you do the 3 mile loop! Beautiful falls and streams.

One of my favorite waterfalls!!! It’s beautiful!! Definitely worth a trip back!

This trail is perfect for those wanting an easy hike with a big waterfall. Compared to other falls in the area, this one feels lacking due to the minimal amount of water going over the falls. Its a nice photo opportunity but will leave you wanting more!

Awesome trail took about 3 hours great view!