Photos of Colbert Ridge Trail

So this is about as difficult as an out back trail gets in the Appalations around Asheville. - IMHO. It’s awesome. And I doubt that I ever hike it again!

Previous reviews are spot on in terms of terrain, overlooks, rocks at top etc. Very difficult and technical on last mile but is something that any hiker can handle. Not dangerous. Just time consuming. I made the mistake of wearing a backpack for the exercise. My wife didn’t and I spent the whole way up chasing her and looking at her backside (which is a very nice view by its own right).

I highly recommend this trail if you want a great workout. And the two overlooks are fantastic. Also would be a great camping trip as great campsites around 2 miles around base of final 1,700 ascent.

The mileage is off. This is 8.15 round trip. 3,000 feet of gain so average gradient is brutal. Lots of sustained double digits. Average pace was 1.9 per. Coming down is brutal on the hips and knees.

5 stars for sure. The IPA and fries at Snap Dragon in Burnsville will be waiting for you.

Cheers.