Chinqua Penn Plantation Cruise Trail

Chinqua Penn Plantation Cruise Trail is a 1.7 mile loop trail located near Reidsville, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 141 feet Route Type: Loop

Love the trail! Well maintained and plenty of cool views. And there are cows! Wish they had come closer

Love this trail!! I've taken so many awesome photos of nature and wildlife on this trail!

I drove over an hour to come to walk this hike. I wasn't disappointed. The change in sceneries in such a short amount of miles was great! I walk with a camera so I had LOTS to take photos of today! The water was flooding over the bridge a little, but other than that, you wouldn't get your shoes wet on this trail. I hope to add some pictures to the photos!

nice little scenic short hike, not sure why bikes aren't allowed, would be nice if they were.

This was an excellent nearly 2 mile loop with plenty of elevation changes (at about the halfway mark you’ll start doing a lot of uphill trekking). For parents: my conventional stroller wasn’t the best. The path is graveled with some larger chunks of stone so the path was a little rocky (my little one LOVED it lol, the more her cheeks wobble on rougher terrain, the better for her). There were a few rocks where my husband and I had to lift the stroller to get across, but for the most part it was a great path. I plan on strapping her in our hiking backpack style carrier for the next time. Beautiful scenery, and this was on a winter day. Can’t wait to come back during the summer.

A wonderful place, wildlife and friendly people to be found on this trail. Great wildlife posters help to ID what you see!

Lots of different aspects to this trail makes for great exploring. My 7 year old had a blast.

Sun Aug 19 2018

A most favorite place to be. Walk, run, sit, paint, sketch, photograph, walk the dog.

Sat Jun 16 2018

A hidden gem in Reidsville! Beautiful, historic walk, only wish it were longer and the plantation was open

Mon Jun 04 2018

Nice and easy, relatively flat and great terrain. Perfect for dogs! I only wish it was a little longer!

Mon May 07 2018

Wonderful adventure.

Sun Apr 01 2018

If you’re looking for a nice walk with little ones this is perfect, very pretty, but in anyway a serious hike

Thu Mar 08 2018

Beautiful rustic trail with water features, historic structures. Wildlife as well as cattle. Fairly hilly. Locals favorite. “Run with the Cows” annual Fall 5k.

Mon Dec 04 2017

Sat Sep 16 2017

Nice trail

Mon Aug 07 2017

took our bikes but the sign said "no bikes"...only a few people were there so we rode them anyway..good trail to hike and explore but update your site to exclude bikes.

Tue May 30 2017

Beautiful scenery.

Fri Apr 28 2017

Great trail on a wet Sunday in April. More interesting than your average trail in the woods. Lots of photo opportunities. Kids loved playing on the dam.

Sat Mar 18 2017

I really nice short hike. Easy and nice hiking wether.

Sun Feb 26 2017

easy walk for my 4 and 10 year old children. lots of natural beauty & great photo ops along the path.

Tue Feb 21 2017

The trail was really beautiful. There are so many things to take pictures of. It was a nice walk too.

Sat Nov 19 2016

A true hidden gem (at least hidden from me until now). It is not long or demanding. But it is a wonderful walk through the rolling countryside on a very well maintained trail. There are pretty ponds, woods, farmland (part of a university research center), a herd of award-winning cattle and historical remnants from the old estate. I was also lucky to catch a beautiful sunrise and some of the last remaining fall color in the trees. My only disappointment was that the home was recently sold and they are not offering tours now. This trail is definitely worth a visit if you are in the Reidsville area.

Tue Jun 14 2016

very nice trail.. walk it many times a week.

Mon Aug 04 2014

Great trail, and an area full of history! I grew up In Reidsville so this is a special trail for me.. If you plan to hike this, I implore you to research the history on Chinqua Penn first, It will make the trip even more amazing.. Not a physically demanding trail either, perfect for a relaxing evening walk..

Sat Sep 15 2012

Nice overlooks road biking is ok. Not a lot of good open road

Fri Jul 27 2012

This is a nice small trail mostly used for hiking. It's a nice place for birding and viewing other wildlife. Small bit of history on the trail. Fairly easy walking.