Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Chestoa View Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Marion, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy trail with a nice view of the ridge!

Easy trail with good views of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Walk in the Forrest. Nothing spectacular. There’s an overlook by the parking lot that’s the only interesting view on the entire trail. Having said that, older folks seemed to enjoy it.

Nice with stunning view

trail is grown up. where is the forest service I pay taxes for? oh yeah. the cheese in chief cut the funding so the rish could have tax cuts.

Beautiful view at the main viewing spot. Was very peaceful there in the morning. Followed the trail out, and part of it was overgrown. Used my all trail app to be sure I stayed on path.

Beautiful views.

Sun May 26 2019

One of the most unique overlooks. Beautiful!

Thu Apr 04 2019

Nice view and overlook easy walking

Fri Mar 16 2018

Nice short walk with some nice views.

Mon Nov 13 2017

Super easy for hubby and I with our two kids! Great overlooks, too. Beautiful views!

Wed Aug 02 2017

Easy trail. Excellent views

Sun Aug 28 2016

Very easy, very short, really nice overlook, Worth the stop

Thu May 19 2016

On an absolutely beautiful and unseasonably cold May day, we found this great place to stop on the BRP for a stretch and view. Chestoa (Cherokee for "rabbit") View overlook and loop trail at milepost 320.8 takes you to a rock walled overlook and a sweeping view from Grandfather Mountain on the left to Table Rock through the trees on the far right. The overlook was built in the mid 40’s, and if you want the full frontal view of Table Rock, hike down the loop trail to the bench and split rail fence. Worth the fifteen to twenty minute stop.

Sun Nov 22 2015

Another good little walk for those along the BRP. Make a list and add this one to it. Takes no time at all https://www.facebook.com/groups/JasonHikingPage/

Thu Dec 11 2014

Great short hike off the Blue Ridge Pkwy S of Linville Falls. Fantastic views.

Sat Aug 17 2013

The views are nice, for sure. Good parking area, and the trail is a good loop. I am always content with the views of the Catawba valley, so I don't hike the trail too much, but it provides a fun exploration opportunity. Be sure to enjoy the Blue Ridge parkway!

Thu Apr 07 2011

I really like this trail. I like it because it's generally peaceful in the spring and winter (wouldn't dare go in the summer because of the tourists). It's a great view of table rock. I usually use this trail as a running spot, I would rate it as Easy but be careful you don't slip on the leaves. I've seen bears here on more than one occassion as well as deer. I'd recommend this as a good family hike or just stop and check out the view. It's not spectacular to me because it lacks plant variety and water.