Chestoa View Loop Trail

Chestoa View Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Marion, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until October.

Super easy for hubby and I with our two kids! Great overlooks, too. Beautiful views!

Easy trail. Excellent views

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Very easy, very short, really nice overlook,
Worth the stop

Thursday, May 19, 2016

On an absolutely beautiful and unseasonably cold May day, we found this great place to stop on the BRP for a stretch and view. Chestoa (Cherokee for "rabbit") View overlook and loop trail at milepost 320.8 takes you to a rock walled overlook and a sweeping view from Grandfather Mountain on the left to Table Rock through the trees on the far right. The overlook was built in the mid 40’s, and if you want the full frontal view of Table Rock, hike down the loop trail to the bench and split rail fence. Worth the fifteen to twenty minute stop.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Another good little walk for those along the BRP. Make a list and add this one to it. Takes no time at all

Monday, September 07, 2015

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Great short hike off the Blue Ridge Pkwy S of Linville Falls. Fantastic views.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The views are nice, for sure. Good parking area, and the trail is a good loop. I am always content with the views of the Catawba valley, so I don't hike the trail too much, but it provides a fun exploration opportunity. Be sure to enjoy the Blue Ridge parkway!

Thursday, April 07, 2011

I really like this trail. I like it because it's generally peaceful in the spring and winter (wouldn't dare go in the summer because of the tourists). It's a great view of table rock. I usually use this trail as a running spot, I would rate it as Easy but be careful you don't slip on the leaves. I've seen bears here on more than one occassion as well as deer. I'd recommend this as a good family hike or just stop and check out the view. It's not spectacular to me because it lacks plant variety and water.