Chestnut Oak and Swift Creek Loop Trail

Chestnut Oak and Swift Creek Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cary, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fairly short and easy trail. The trail is totally mulch which isn't my preference. Saw some really beautiful deer very close to the path.
This is a great trail for running or for someone with kids.

Lots of people, but very well maintained and beautiful views. Lots of stairs too

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

This is truly a beautiful Nature Preserve and great for a leisurely stroll or a run. I went on my own but it looks great for families as well. If you are looking for a scenic area to relax this is perfect.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Sunday, March 20, 2016

nice easy trail as long as your good with some stairs.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Monday, December 07, 2015

Nice place for a family walk.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

My wife and I have lived in this area since the '70s and this was our first trip to Hemlock Bluffs. The surroundings are beautiful and, except for a little noise from Kildare Farm road, seems to be in the middle of nowhere. The park and nature center are very well done (kudos to the Town of Cary) and would be a great place for families with kids.

The trails are well maintained as are the many, many steps. The trails are enjoyable and require what I would consider a low-moderate level of effort. My GPS showed a total elevation change of 161 feet. We ran into another hiker who reported a snake on the trail but we never saw it ... and were a bit disappointed.

We will be returning on a regular basis and will bring the grand-kids the nature center and for a good hike.