Cedar Rock Trail

Cedar Rock Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Traphill, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail takes you to the top of Cedar Rock, with wonderful views of Stone Mountain and the Blue Ridge escarpment. The trail climbs over Cedar Rock, as it runs between the Black Jack Ridge and Wolf Rock Trails.

You get nice views of Stone Mountain on this trail. Not a hard trail. Be sure to follow red blazes across Cedar Rock to find the other part of the trail. The one part of this trail that confused me was the end. I had a map that I was also going by. Once I reached the homestead there were no more red blazes. I continued down the gravel road until I ran into the Stone Mountain Loop Trail that led back to the lower parking lot. If this is the indeed correct way of doing this trail it would be nice to continue with the red blazes down to where you pick up the Stone Mountain Loop trail, which is blazed in orange. I could of done it wrong, I don't know. lol Just going by the map.

Nice views of Stone Mountain.

Absolutely beautiful hike! It was a great family hike (we have 2 kids, 11 and 5). You walk right by a historic homestead. Highly recommend it!

Monday, October 24, 2016

We hiked this short connector trail between the Wolf Rock and Stone Mt Loop trails today. It was an easy hike with a great view of Stone Mt from the large rock face. Be sure to follow the red dots along the upper part of the rock to pick up the trail on the other side. The Wolf and Cedar trails added about 2.5 miles & about 1.5 hours to the Loop trail, time will depend on if you stop and how long you stay on each rock face enjoying the views, breeze, etc. We thought it was worth it. These trails are much less travelled, didn't see another person on the Cedar and only a few on the Wolf. A constant flow of people on the Loop.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Nice short hike to great views of the Stone Mountain Face... combine with Wolf Rock for an opposite side view. Follow the red circle blaze on the ground across the face of the rock. Great side trail to the Stone Mountain Loop. There are a couple of options to get to the top of Cedar Rock. While we were on one of the connector trails we explored an old and interesting shelter and homesite chimney.

Friday, June 16, 2017