Cave and Wildflower Trail Loop

Cave and Wildflower Trail Loop is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lexington, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

A fun trail with a lovely view of the Yadkin. Easy enough for a 4 year old. VERY buggy though! Every time we stopped we were swarmed by mosquitoes. I would love to come back in the fall once the mosquitoes die off.

The cave was fun! I hiked in a giant circle, hitting all of the trails except Backcountry. I'll go back and do that one A little muddy to the cottonwood tree but easily passable. The trails were well maintained, freshly weed-eated and plenty of signage. I will go back to complete Backcountry Trail, Saw squirrels, a turtle in the river and a snake along the trail. It was a little black snake, so no big deal.

Excellent trail with the kids! Well-built easy steps and access down to the cave. Wet conditions for our hike but no impassable muddy areas of the trail. Cave was fun to explore. We arrived close to closing hours but were permitted by the very friendly ranger to go ahead. Couldn’t have enjoyed our hike more!

This park didn’t show up on the dog friendly list however i did call and they are, so I went for a walk with the pup and it was a beautiful place