Caudill Cabin Trail

Caudill Cabin Trail is a 9.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Great out and back trail. Beautiful primitive campsite along the way. Knowing this history is a big plus. Highly recommend.

Good out and back hike. Pretty much the whole time you're right along the river. Water was fairly high, had to wear some water shoes to get across a few stretches and just left them on for a good half mile or more as the trail crosses repeatedly. I think it was after the 8th crossing that I put my shoes back on. I was able to navigate all the streams coming down without much trouble, but was less worried about getting my feet wet! The last stretch up to the cabin is pretty tough. It was a warm day and I was getting pretty wiped out, and then the cabin appeared just ahead. Had my lunch and headed back down. I recorded it at 10.5 miles, but did a little routing around to find a crossing early on and also roamed around the cabin area a little when I got there. The nice thing about this hike is it's just straight up and then straight down. Coming down was quite easy as it is a gentle incline on soft ground.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Really like this trail. It runs along a creek with some large boulders in it that are great for sitting on you eat lunch or relax. The last 1/4 of the trail to get up to the cabin can be pretty tough but I believe the trail can be enjoyed even if you choose to not do the last part up to the cabin. Knowing the history of what happened there adds to the awe and wonder

Saturday, September 09, 2017

I would call this trail slightly more than moderate for a couple of reasons distance and hills. I would highly recommend this trail we loved every moment.

Monday, June 26, 2017

So many stream crossings, the dog loved it!