Catawba Falls Trail

Catawba Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Old Fort, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This was a fun morning hike, and I really enjoyed the upper falls. I used this as a intro to hiking for my wife, which she really enjoyed. There's extreme foot traffic, so I wouldn't recommend if you like "quiet hikes" or seclusion.

Beautiful falls.

meh. crowded.

Very nice hike. We encountered a lot of people especially for a Tuesday and even a summer camp group with 32 children.

I have been 4 times. Lower Falls trail is easy and all age friendly. Upper Falls trail is somewhat strenuous with some rope assisted hiking/ climbing (not small child or elderly friendly); but, most definitely worth the hike!

The best hike our family (4 Kids - Oldest 11 yrs & Youngest 5 yrs) has taken! The trail is in really good shape with a couple of bridges ... and the view - breathtaking! Enjoy your trip ... this is a must!

great trails! not too tough or difficult for beginner's. bring a pair of sandals to enjoy the swimming holes.

Go early and on a weekday if you are old and grumpy like me to avoid the children and dogs. Lol

My goal is to be ready by next year's trip for the rock climb next to the falls with the rope.

Really enjoyed this place.