Catawba Falls Trail

Catawba Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Old Fort, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is one of my favorite trails. Beautiful views and just long enough and enough uphill to let me know I did something. I love it since they've installed the new bridges.

The trail past the base of the falls is a quad burner with ropes for assistance. This section would be rated as difficult.

So beautiful and peaceful! Will be doing this one many more times.

All sorts of trails, really nice place

kid friendly, dog friendly, just enough to make you feel like you are really hiking without being too difficult for beginners.

Beautiful, natural walking trail. Beautiful scenery with some nice falls along the path. My 17, 10 and 7 year olds loved it! Rated more on the easy side then moderate when traveling up to the lower falls. We tried climbing up to the upper falls and it was extremely dangerous which we were dissapointed in. My family made it to the rope section and decided to turn around. You have to use ropes in two different areas to pull yourself up the rocks and one wrong move you can fall off a steep cliff. It was pretty crowded but not too crowded considering it was 70 degree day.

great swimming hole!

Beautiful falls! We attempted to see the upper falls but the trails were unmarked, so we never ended up finding it. Trail was relatively easy to the lower falls and our 8 and 5 year old were able to make it up without a problem. We went on a Sunday so it was VERY crowded, but was still a nice hike with beautiful scenery.

This is one of Marions best hikes. I absolutely suggest it