Catawba Falls Trail

Catawba Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Old Fort, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enjoyable walk with good scenery.

Loved! Beautiful waterfall!

Pretty falls, easy walk, crowded. Was able to share the view with about 30 new best friends.

Gorgeous falls, wish we would have had our swim suits to swim at the base of the falls. Rocky at some points but still easy to hike.

Beautiful but heavily trafficked

A short but gorgeous hike. Most if it is uphill and very slippery so shoes with good grip are a necessity. The fall at the very top has a great swimming hole with gorgeous clean mountain water. 10/10

Wife and I enjoyed the hike. Saw a few people stop at the false summit. So be mindful of it as you will have to cross water. So wear boots, or water shoes!!

Dogs had fun hiking although there were a few not so friendly pups on the trail. Happy we decided to do this easy trail.

What a lovely place, a leisurely walk round trip about 2 miles, an easy trail with access to the river, bridges and at the end an incredible tall waterfall.

Easy, lush, short hike to the falls which is actually more stunning than I had anticipated. Lots of pretty water spots along the way. Beautiful blue butterflies right now. Saw lots of kiddos on this hike too. Very short drive off the I-40. Definitely worth it!

rock climbing

One of my favorite trails in Asheville. The upper falls is a blast but do not go if it had been raining because the last bit of the trail gets very slippery. Lower falls is fun and the upper falls is a great extra challenge!

Gorgeous views. Seems as though it gets more crowded each time we go. I recommend going early during the week :-)

Great trail and you can even climb to the top of the falls

Easy in and out. My dog loves the stream crossings.

So great! We went after a light rainfall, my children 1, 3, and 7 walked most of this trail with my 1 year old needing some assistance when it got rocky. The waterfall was great for my kids to splash around it, although the rocks near there were steep for kids. The smaller waterfall would be better for small children. We had a wonderful first North Carolina hiking experience here! Round about 3 hour hike give or take.

Fun hike! Went after a rain storm so the trail was super muddy but not very crowded. Under the rainy/muddy conditions, the trail was more of a moderate hike. Lots of rocks at the end just before the gorgeous falls!

It is pretty! We went on a Saturday so crowded and it rained, so really muddy! More on the moderate side than easy. Had toddler with us that couldn’t be carried up the last steep rocky portion to the falls. Had view though!

Beautiful scenic hike. Waterfall at top is gorgeous. Many areas of the trail were very muddy.

Wonderful!!!! Lots of falls, lots of shade. Easy hike and lots of places to stop and enjoy the water. Go up the ropes— you won’t regret it! Just stick nearest to the water once you’re up past marker 3 so you don’t get lost!

Great trail. Easy for kids. Beautiful falls with lots of areas to get your feet wet or take a little dip. Very crowded. Will try to go during the week next time.

Great hike with beautiful views of the waterfalls.

beautiful waterfalls. great hike!

Great hike for the whole family! We have been twice and the hike to the top is awesome!

Wonderful hike with our 2 dogs! We loved the swimming holes throughout the hike to let our dogs (and us) get our feet cooled off. Beautiful waterfall!! We hiked to the base of the falls and didn't climb the rocks to the upper falls.

I love this trail. I walk this after work so get in some relaxing nature time, and get in some exercise. The falls are beautiful, and relaxing. Everyone I’ve met is super nice. Plenty of shade, as well as sun at main waterfall. It gets semi steep at some points, especially if you hike up past the main waterfall area. There are ropes along the path past the waterfall to help you climb up, definitely some rock scrabbling involved.

Beautiful hike

Great waterfall! Although the recent rainfall left the trail quite muddy, it was manageable. I would recommend wearing waterproof shoes as you need to ford a stream. The waterfall was impressive and a perfect pit stop on the way through Asheville.

About as good as you can get. Easy walk in and out, and the falls are just beautiful. can't recommend this enough.

Fantastic hike! Great hike for our 6 years olds! Beautiful waterfall awaits you at the end!!

One of my favorite trails. Wide path, shady and in the woods, follows the river/creek, great for kids and dogs. Waterfalls and areas kids can get in and play safely are a wonderful payoff along the way!

Beautiful trail...loved seeing bear tracks! The falls were beautiful and I wouldn't call this necessarily easy! Much better to hike during the week than on the weekend when there is heavy traffic!