Carolina Mountain Trail

Carolina Mountain Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Asheville, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Carolina Mountain Trail passes through pine, mixed hardwood and ericaceous forest types. A short connector trail runs from a dry stack stone overlook to the Greenhouse parking area. The Arboretum recently increased its personal vehicle parking fee to $14 in order to help sustain new and future upgrades at the Arboretum.

I would recommend running on this trail. It is very nice with convenient connections to both Bent Creek Road and the Gardens at the arboretum, because of this it is a really convenient way to connect to longer trails such as Hard Times Road.

I highly recommend this trail for anyone wanting a moderate hiking trail with a beautiful destination. The well maintained trail winds through the woods and leads to the NC Arboretum.

A favorite of ours; good for my 5yr old.

Nice trail. Easy for my elderly mastiff to amble. Better signage would be nice, as there are several trails and we managed to hit every single one, so the 1-2 miles we had planned became over 8 since I give a poor sense of direction and apparently my map-reading skills are poor. Still, it was a very enjoyable afternoon.

A nice nature trail inside the beautiful NC Arboretum, with interpretive displays and including a little elevation change.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Great place to take our dog! Easy hike, a little uphill. Lots of trails in the area( around 10 miles all together?). We parked at Bent Creek river park just across from the entrance to Arboretum. The trail head is near the bridge.

Monday, January 09, 2012

NC Arboretum is a fun, easy and relaxing hike. You will find mostly families and people with their dogs. It is not crowded if you go in winter. I was looking for something more difficult, but found it pretty. I just came back from it and loved spending that time there.