Carolina Beach State Park Campground Trail

Carolina Beach State Park Campground Trail is a 3.6 mile loop trail located near Carolina Beach, North Carolina and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

beach

We love the CB State Park trails. If you’re looking for a leisure stroll through the woods I recommend these trails! Stroller friendly 99% of the time except for a small (1/4 mile) of sandy trail along the water.

love this park. wish more people were respectful of it. Seen alot of folks wandering off the trail, going up to Sugarloaf hill, and abusing some serious Trail rules. This place is a preserve and should be treated as such. Landmarks should be treated with respect. Please stay on the trails and preserve this state park so that other people can enjoy it for a lifetime, thank you.

I’ve been coming to this park since 2004 and it’s one of my favorite places in the Wilmington area!

I love this trail. I run the sugarloaf trail and link to the sand live oak trial then back into sugarloaf trail starting and finishing at the marina. It’s about 5 miles all together. I do it about 3-4 times a week. A great run with very well kept trails. Keep a look out for trails markers if you go on sand oak live trail. Some spots are not marked well and could go off track if not careful. I also run greenfield lake a lot and a 5k custom run at the loop in Wrightsville Beach. Carolina Beach state park is my favorite by far. I love a trail run!!!!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Nice flat trails, maintained well.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

we go as much as we can and our dog loves the place. beautiful spots with access to water. the best campgrounds I've ever seen. trails are great.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Awesome trail, great for all ages and abilities. Dog friendly, not crowded and you can easily combine trails to give you a 5 mile walk.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

This place is awesome! My dogs and I hiked it few times. Stay on marked trails!

Monday, July 04, 2016

This trail takes you all around the park. Great water views. Really enjoyed the dunes as well. Nice beach hike!

Monday, June 20, 2016

This park is amazing! I was happy with the amount of shade, the easy accessibility of the trails, and the way all the trails connect to make one massive loop. Great hike, really feels secluded from the main roads.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Easy trails, lots of shade, my dogs loves! Pup loves running along the water toward the front of the park and exploring all the trails. NCPaddle has great rentals of kayaks or SUP.

Friday, May 22, 2015

I hiked this entire state park March 2015. All the trails are very well kept and the signs make it incredibly easy to navigate. The entire state park is pretty flat except for the sugarloaf dune. The dune is definitely the most exciting part of the park overall. There's a tire swing and it offers a good view of the Cape Fear River. Another really cool thing about the park is that there's a large variety of ecosystems that exist within the park. If you hike on a few different trails the scenery can be quite different from the last. (The Wilmington area is also native to the Venus Flytrap, so watch for those! They are endangered though, so be careful.) Overall, very nice and well-kept park!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Great flat trail. Good for taking the dog out. Saw some deer in the woods last time we were out as well!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I live near here. Good trail through swamps, ocean pine forests, grass land, and along Cape Fear River. Some board walks in wet areas, flat,and easy to walk with family. Many diferent trails to walk, about 5 miles total.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Big fan of this easy trail - loops around about two miles total, on one side you have an inlet to the ocean, continue on and you hit some beautiful white sand dunes to hike through. Great to take the dog. Free parking at the state park hq.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Enough trails for one day. Well marked flat trails. Great place to see many species of carnivorous plants.

Sunday, May 07, 2017