Carolina Beach State Park Campground Trail

Carolina Beach State Park Campground Trail is a 3.7 mile loop trail located near Carolina Beach, North Carolina and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and sea kayaking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

sea kayaking

beach

we go as much as we can and our dog loves the place. beautiful spots with access to water. the best campgrounds I've ever seen. trails are great.

Awesome trail, great for all ages and abilities. Dog friendly, not crowded and you can easily combine trails to give you a 5 mile walk.

This place is awesome! My dogs and I hiked it few times. Stay on marked trails!

This trail takes you all around the park. Great water views. Really enjoyed the dunes as well. Nice beach hike!

This park is amazing! I was happy with the amount of shade, the easy accessibility of the trails, and the way all the trails connect to make one massive loop. Great hike, really feels secluded from the main roads.

geocaching

Easy trails, lots of shade, my dogs loves! Pup loves running along the water toward the front of the park and exploring all the trails. NCPaddle has great rentals of kayaks or SUP.

I hiked this entire state park March 2015. All the trails are very well kept and the signs make it incredibly easy to navigate. The entire state park is pretty flat except for the sugarloaf dune. The dune is definitely the most exciting part of the park overall. There's a tire swing and it offers a good view of the Cape Fear River. Another really cool thing about the park is that there's a large variety of ecosystems that exist within the park. If you hike on a few different trails the scenery can be quite different from the last. (The Wilmington area is also native to the Venus Flytrap, so watch for those! They are endangered though, so be careful.) Overall, very nice and well-kept park!

Great flat trail. Good for taking the dog out. Saw some deer in the woods last time we were out as well!