Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Burnthouse Branch Falls is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Newland, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,151 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The road leading to this trailhead may be washed and closed. Please contact the Pisgah National Forest before visiting.

WARNING....As of yesterday(July 21, 2019) there is a yellow jackets nest as you start up the mountain and no way around it. I've been to this waterfall many times. I have always loved this fall and the area around.

We saw no orange ribbon, if what we found was the trailhead bring a machete, pants, and a saw and we still were not able.to.confirm that it was the actual.trail. So disappointing. The road was closed due to parts of the road being washed out, mud slides, etc.

Sun Mar 31 2019

So far my favorite trail. It’s secluded, has huge rocks, multiple stream crossings and an amazing waterfall at the end. The trail does resemble a goat path at times but that’s what I like. It’s overgrown and muddy in areas. The trail is marked haphazardly with orange tape. I went off trail on what I thought was the trail so watch out. There is no trail head sign.

Sat Apr 20 2019