Bridal Veil Falls

Bridal Veil Falls is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Mountain, North Carolina that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Bridal Veil Falls is a 120 plus foot waterfall in DuPont State Forest and most recently the film location for one of the Hunger Games movies. The Falls can be accessed from the High Falls or Fawn Lake Parking Areas. Most of the hike is on wide gravel roads with very little elevation gain. The rocks around the falls can be very slippery so please be mindful of your footing at the viewpoints. There are numerous other waterfall hiking trails in the area and many visitors combine their Bridal Veil Falls hike with one of these nearby attractions: Triple Falls, Hooker Falls and High Falls.

The falls are very pretty, but I was very disappointed in the “hike” to get to the falls. It’s all on gravel service roads. Also, there really aren’t any views of mountains which I prefer. This is rated as an easy hike, but there was a decent elevation change several times. Maybe it was just the summer heat and humidity, but I was pretty miserable most of the hike. We parked at the Fawn Lake access and took the Fawn Lake Rd trail up to the Airstrip Trail then crossed over to the Conservatory Rd trail and onto the Bridal Veil Falls trail...maybe there was an easier way?? BUT—the falls are very pretty!!
PS: if you want to get wet and swim and stay for a while, there’s a nice mountain lake not far into the hike. If we’d been prepared, we would’ve stayed there and swam. Didn’t see any place to pay a fee so I assume it’s free. People brought in tents and coolers and chairs. We’ll definitely go back just for that!

This was and easy hike and a beautiful falls. We hiked up the rock and actually got up behind the falls. Such a fun day!

My mom (51) and I (24) hiked to the falls on March 4th and it was lovely. The hike is not super forested the entire way, but making it to the falls is worth it! There are tables near the falls to picnic if you’d like. There was a decent elevation gain but nothing my mom and I couldn’t handle. This trail would be perfect for mountain biking. This hike is easy to moderate (moderate only when gaining elevation). There are two lakes along the loop you can enjoy as well.

5 mile short hike on mostly rough forest roads which is well signposted. Little in the way of steep ascents. Good day for hiking with temps in the mid 60' s by noon. Take care around the falls as the rocks are steep and very slick.

This was the first hike I had ever done in North Carolina, it was pretty easy, beautiful and the waterfall was worth the entire hike. We went late in January and only ran into one other hiker. It was cool to walk on the airstrip as well.

Very well maintained forest and an easy hike. I recommend the waterfall hike where 5 waterfalls can be viewed in a day. I parked at the hooker falls parking area and reached bridal veil falls 2 hours into the hike. Great day hike and very family and dog friendly.

Really cool to sit at the base of the falls and feel the power of the water under.

Always a fave

One of my faves.

A good place to hike.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This trail is not what most people are thinking of when they go hiking but the falls is beautiful. I highly recommend this trail.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Easy trail. It's a forest road so not really interesting but the Falls are worth it. Be back in summer for sure.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Sit next to the waterfall.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Nice easy trail. Mostly on roads. Visits Fawn lake and Julia lake as well as Bridal veil falls. Lots of people and dogs but not as many as some of the more frequented trails. Great for kids and for a more leisurely day.

Monday, February 20, 2017

The falls were beautiful. The trail/road was super easy to navigate.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Great falls.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Easy walk Falls are beautiful!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

It's worth walking Conservation road to get there. I would rather be surrounded by trees than gravel but I would do it again to see the falls. Get there early or don't expect to find a park!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

We began our hike at the High Falls Parking Area. We took Buck Forest Rd from parking area, then right onto Conservation Rd just after the Covered Bridge, right onto Bridal Veil Falls Rd and you will arrive at the falls. It's 2.4 miles one way. We detoured on Pitch Pine Trail and Three Lakes Trail on the way. Parking area fills up fast. So, get there early.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Was a very easy but beautiful hike, enjoyed it with my daughter!

Monday, July 20, 2015

This was the last fall I saw on my hike. We started at the Hooker Falls parking area and hiked from there to triple falls, high falls and then then to Lake Dense, Lake Alford, Lake Julia, and finally Bridal Veil Falls. All in all, about 12 miles there and back. Most of the hike from the lakes to Bridal Veil is actually on Conservation Road, which is wide and pretty boring. However, finally making it to Bridal Veil Falls makes up for it. It was breathtaking. The climb up to the falls is actually pretty easy and the views are spectacular.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Great view once you get to the waterfall. The trail on the way is not clear and ended up 2 miles in the opposite direction. Wouldn't do it again because of the unclear directions on the DuPont website and lack of signs.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Depending on which path you take as well as access this can be either easy or moderate. Careful going up and behind the falls. This can be slippery. Nice place for a picnic.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

beautiful area, but the Conservation road is boring, large and without much happening but for forest service vehicles driving by. The smaller trails were awesome and the trails to the three lakes beautiful. I loved the little space called Lake Alford...

The stars were for the waterfall area, when you the to the Bridal Veil Rd is actually nice again and the Fall is gorgeous.. and for the three lakes trail.. :)

The Grassy falls trail was really cute too and the 2.6 miles of trails after it was filled with birds.. I sat there and just heard them singing. was very sweet!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Easy hike mostly dirt road from DuPont. Beautiful water fall at the end that you are able to walk under if the water is low enough. Watch out for slick rocks. I've hiked this trail two times and I would do it again.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Excellent longer hike in DuPont. I've hiked it once in the spring and rode horses to in once in the summer. I've read often that this was once setting in the movie The Last of the Mohicans. It's a pretty easy trail that follows a lot of wide paths or dirt/gravel roads and has you out on an airstrip too. In the spring, the falls are in full swing, but in the summer, the left part of the falls aren't flowing. You can walk to the top, climb behind part of the falls, picnic on the rocks, etc. Accessible, fun hike.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

This is a beautiful and rather easy hike. Once you make it to the falls, you must climb to the top and go behind them...it's magical. If you are looking to impress some out of town guests, pack them a lunch and bring them here. We will do this hike again.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Loved this hike! I started at the Hooker Falls parking lot, took the Triple Falls trail, passed High Falls, and headed on to Bridal Veil Falls. After you get to the top of High Falls, you'll take gravel service roads to Bridal Veil Falls. There are trails to the side of this road that you can take but we really wanted to get to Bridal Veil with enough time to sit and enjoy it for a while. The service roads are used by hikers, mountain bikers, and horses so watch out for poop. Seriously! Once you get to the falls, you can hike to the top, just look for the small trails to the left. Stay on the dry parts of the rock. The wet parts are super slippery, even if your shoes have excellent grip. You can go under the falls, although it looks like there's easier access on the opposite side. There's a trail to the left of the top of the falls, but we didn't have time to explore that. Let my dog off the lease once we got to the falls since there was no one else around. He loved being able to run and hop across the rocks. Definitely will be doing this trail again!!

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Definitely worth it. The falls are beautiful.

Monday, May 27, 2013

This my personal favorite among waterfalls. Make certain that Google maps don't get you lost though. Trails to the left of the falls will let you see the view from behind the veils.