Bridal Veil Falls

Bridal Veil Falls is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Mountain, North Carolina that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Bridal Veil Falls is a 120 plus foot waterfall in DuPont State Forest and most recently the film location for one of the Hunger Games movies. The Falls can be accessed from the High Falls or Fawn Lake Parking Areas. Most of the hike is on wide gravel roads with very little elevation gain. The rocks around the falls can be very slippery so please be mindful of your footing at the viewpoints. There are numerous other waterfall hiking trails in the area and many visitors combine their Bridal Veil Falls hike with one of these nearby attractions: Triple Falls, Hooker Falls and High Falls. NOTE: The lake listed as Summit Lake on the map is known as Lake Julia.

Just an absolutely gorgeous hike. We only did the section with the High Falls and Triple Falls, but it was still well worth it. Not too terribly strenuous, but I think that might change if we did the full loop (about 4.5 miles, I think). Regardless, we had a great time. Path is extremely well maintained however we were told that the path down to the base of the falls was a little more challenging and not as well maintained. There looked like a pretty solid line of people making their way down, so we opted to just view the falls from the top. Parking was pretty crazy at this particular location, but we were also there during spring break.

Well worth the walk. The lake and pond are also very pretty. Made for a lovely afternoon early in the season.

Easy day hike with cool views and nice waterfall. The airstrip offers some nice views if you hike out to the end. The trails are forest roads so doesn't offer much fun or challenge in terms of 'hiking'. You can also add in the Reasonover Creek Trail to make a longer loop.

Went on a chilly Sunday. Trail is pretty flat and uncrowned. The Falls were a pleasant surprise. Very large and a very peaceful stop for lunch. One of our favorites in DuPont.

Great hike to a gorgeous view.

Great falls. We met a new friend at the falls and hiked the rest of the day with us. Made for a great time to see the adjacent falls that are well worth seeing!

moderate trail. fun

a cool waterfall! the trail to get there isn't my favorite (it's all gravel roads), but the view at the end is worth it. passing lake julia and fawn lake is also nice.

beautiful falls , not really a hike though...just walking on service roads...we hiked from hooker falls parking area past high falls over the covered bridge and down conservatory road. only disappointment was the service roads and lack of any views on it.

The falls are very pretty, but I was very disappointed in the “hike” to get to the falls. It’s all on gravel service roads. Also, there really aren’t any views of mountains which I prefer. This is rated as an easy hike, but there was a decent elevation change several times. Maybe it was just the summer heat and humidity, but I was pretty miserable most of the hike. We parked at the Fawn Lake access and took the Fawn Lake Rd trail up to the Airstrip Trail then crossed over to the Conservatory Rd trail and onto the Bridal Veil Falls trail...maybe there was an easier way?? BUT—the falls are very pretty!!
PS: if you want to get wet and swim and stay for a while, there’s a nice mountain lake not far into the hike. If we’d been prepared, we would’ve stayed there and swam. Didn’t see any place to pay a fee so I assume it’s free. People brought in tents and coolers and chairs. We’ll definitely go back just for that!

This was and easy hike and a beautiful falls. We hiked up the rock and actually got up behind the falls. Such a fun day!

Monday, March 12, 2018

My mom (51) and I (24) hiked to the falls on March 4th and it was lovely. The hike is not super forested the entire way, but making it to the falls is worth it! There are tables near the falls to picnic if you’d like. There was a decent elevation gain but nothing my mom and I couldn’t handle. This trail would be perfect for mountain biking. This hike is easy to moderate (moderate only when gaining elevation). There are two lakes along the loop you can enjoy as well.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

5 mile short hike on mostly rough forest roads which is well signposted. Little in the way of steep ascents. Good day for hiking with temps in the mid 60' s by noon. Take care around the falls as the rocks are steep and very slick.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

This was the first hike I had ever done in North Carolina, it was pretty easy, beautiful and the waterfall was worth the entire hike. We went late in January and only ran into one other hiker. It was cool to walk on the airstrip as well.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Very well maintained forest and an easy hike. I recommend the waterfall hike where 5 waterfalls can be viewed in a day. I parked at the hooker falls parking area and reached bridal veil falls 2 hours into the hike. Great day hike and very family and dog friendly.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Really cool to sit at the base of the falls and feel the power of the water under.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Always a fave

Saturday, November 11, 2017

One of my faves.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

A good place to hike.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This trail is not what most people are thinking of when they go hiking but the falls is beautiful. I highly recommend this trail.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Easy trail. It's a forest road so not really interesting but the Falls are worth it. Be back in summer for sure.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Sit next to the waterfall.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Nice easy trail. Mostly on roads. Visits Fawn lake and Julia lake as well as Bridal veil falls. Lots of people and dogs but not as many as some of the more frequented trails. Great for kids and for a more leisurely day.

Monday, February 20, 2017

The falls were beautiful. The trail/road was super easy to navigate.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Great falls.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Easy walk Falls are beautiful!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

It's worth walking Conservation road to get there. I would rather be surrounded by trees than gravel but I would do it again to see the falls. Get there early or don't expect to find a park!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

We began our hike at the High Falls Parking Area. We took Buck Forest Rd from parking area, then right onto Conservation Rd just after the Covered Bridge, right onto Bridal Veil Falls Rd and you will arrive at the falls. It's 2.4 miles one way. We detoured on Pitch Pine Trail and Three Lakes Trail on the way. Parking area fills up fast. So, get there early.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Was a very easy but beautiful hike, enjoyed it with my daughter!

Monday, July 20, 2015

This was the last fall I saw on my hike. We started at the Hooker Falls parking area and hiked from there to triple falls, high falls and then then to Lake Dense, Lake Alford, Lake Julia, and finally Bridal Veil Falls. All in all, about 12 miles there and back. Most of the hike from the lakes to Bridal Veil is actually on Conservation Road, which is wide and pretty boring. However, finally making it to Bridal Veil Falls makes up for it. It was breathtaking. The climb up to the falls is actually pretty easy and the views are spectacular.