Bradley Falls Overlook Trail

Bradley Falls Overlook Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saluda, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are good descriptions of the trail, dangers and difficulty found here. If you really want to have some fun, rappel Big Bradley. Although I must admit, my son Anthony and I did it twice, it was before all of the rainfall the area has experienced.

Beautiful trail, though it’s not marked well. towards the beginning of the hike is a river crossing so you’re most likely to get wet, tho it’s worth it. Wouldn’t recommend small children nor dogs that have to be on a leash (could be dangerous for you going down to the waterfall also there’s no railing that keeps you/them from falling).

Beautiful trail, but not well marked. We actually thought we are doing little Bradley Falls, which is on the other side of the road. It was about 1/2 way In we realized otherwise. We did the steep climb with ropes which was intense, water was too high to get a great view of the falls, but it is fun for someone in great shape and into adventures.

Not well marked which is usually fine but there are lots of side trails and it gets confusing. Would not recommend dogs or small kids.

Quick hike. Great view of waterfall at the overlook, and a nice water crossing towards the beginning. Not much foot traffic, with easy parking access.

Great day hike! A trail with fun obstacles (rock hopping / log walking stream crossing + rope descent to bottom of the falls) beautiful views and a ton of potentially fatal fall opportunities! The danger is fun for the reasonably athletic and adventurous but I wouldn’t take the kids. The rope descent to the bottom of the falls is exciting and unlike any other hike I’ve done (do make sure the rope you choose to trust isn’t frayed. We came across one being held by a single cord, so we had to cut and re-tie). The descent takes about 20-30 minutes but the ascent only 10-15 minutes. After the rope descent, there is a small path that cuts left to the bottom of the falls. It’s pretty easy to miss but it’s worth it. It’s a majestic view from the bottom (especially during the golden lighting of late afternoon). Up on the main trail (before the rope descent trail) there’s another path that will take you to the top of the falls. The overall distance of this hike is short but there’s plenty of views and side trails to scratch your exploring itch, but you’ll still be able to get home for dinner. Loved the hike - Go check it out and enjoy the adventure (but also...don’t fall to your doom).

It's clearly a beautiful waterfall, but I would recommend Little Bradley falls trail over this one. If you stay on the trail and don't attempt a descent, well..the view just isn't that great. The hike there is pleasant enough, but if you're looking for a waterfall payoff either a) go elsewhere or b) attempt the rope descent but please only if you are up to it. Also, loose dogs and errant children are a bad idea here, as there is little space at the overlook and no barrier of any kind.

really challenging hike if you go to the base of the fall. not recommended as there is a 30ft section of vertical wall that requires descending down a rope. remember that you have to climb back up that same wall. very steep decent all the down to the bottom, but the view is incredible.

Loved this overlook waterfall

Very rewarding hike, starts in a field then meanders through the woods, following Bradley Creek. Near the end you can climb out onto a precipice and view the waterfall from above, or hike down to the bottom and look up at falls from below. Either way super fun, great workout and moderately challenging hike. Glad I brought my hiking stick.

Friday, August 11, 2017

I must say at the outset I haven't hiked this in 20 years. When we visited Saluda today we decided not to hike this trail mainly to save time but also because locals told us that it was very muddy and that there is an average of one fatality per year hiking to the upper falls - either a person or a pet falls to their death. So we hiked Pearson Falls instead.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Good trail with mix of environment. Varies from easy to difficult in sections. Not highly managed, but visited enough so trails can be followed.
Main trail, which uses blue colored blazes leads across the river and up the mountain across from the Falls. Wear waterproof shoes or switch to sandals to cross the river safely. Sections of the trail were crossed with logs, so climbing was necessary. The confusing part is the falls are not easily visible from the main trail, so it is easy to pass on the trail and never see it. You have to take one of the treacherous side trails to go down the mountain where the falls are fully visible. The blue trail marked "LO" goes to a rock overlook to see the falls, but you literally have to climb down a rock face to get do it. Not difficult for an active person, but not for the elderly or for small children. A lot of potential danger on this steep trail, so be very cautious.

Monday, July 10, 2017

no clear markings for trail but it was beautiful and had loads of fun!

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Trail is easy but not well marked to make turn Down to the Falls or the overlook.

I didn't let the 5year old attempt the decent to the falls as it was a bit to steep for him in my opinion.

rock climbing
Sunday, July 02, 2017

Beautiful falls. Canyoneering for the first time there with a guide from New Zealand. Awesome adventure and hard as hell. Especially if you are old, over weight and out of shape like I am!!!!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Loved this hike. I even did it with a baby strapped to me. The view of Bradley falls was beautiful!

Friday, May 19, 2017

Went last Saturday before mothers day and had a blast! Went to the top of big bradley then to the bottom, using a small trail off the main path that lead to a rock we had to limb down by rope to get to our destination... and had to climb back up it to get out lol but over all was awesome! Not for faint of heart though. Lots of ups ad downs..steep trails with roots and rocks lol. But very worth it.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Saw two small waterfalls and one from a distance. Trail is blocked by large trees and there's not much sinage.. was a good hike but lots of the side trails dead ended.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Go right. The description should say go right. I plan on doing it again because we went to the left of the road to the Big Bradley falls overlook and beyond. It is not marked at all and we just followed the crowd. Who mainly all went the wrong way. Oops. The way we went turned into a barely there trail with lots and of fallen trees. Loads of fun, but not the easy hike we thought we were going on.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Nice, easy hike for all fitness levels. Little work, with a big reward. Great place for a picnic.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Nice falls. Would like to see them up close sometime.

Monday, June 27, 2016

First Trail with my 10 y/o daughter. Great trail. Not too difficult and you cross over a creek early on. I recommend taking your shoes off and wade through.