Bradley Falls Overlook Trail

Bradley Falls Overlook Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saluda, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very rewarding hike, starts in a field then meanders through the woods, following Bradley Creek. Near the end you can climb out onto a precipice and view the waterfall from above, or hike down to the bottom and look up at falls from below. Either way super fun, great workout and moderately challenging hike. Glad I brought my hiking stick.

I must say at the outset I haven't hiked this in 20 years. When we visited Saluda today we decided not to hike this trail mainly to save time but also because locals told us that it was very muddy and that there is an average of one fatality per year hiking to the upper falls - either a person or a pet falls to their death. So we hiked Pearson Falls instead.

Good trail with mix of environment. Varies from easy to difficult in sections. Not highly managed, but visited enough so trails can be followed.
Main trail, which uses blue colored blazes leads across the river and up the mountain across from the Falls. Wear waterproof shoes or switch to sandals to cross the river safely. Sections of the trail were crossed with logs, so climbing was necessary. The confusing part is the falls are not easily visible from the main trail, so it is easy to pass on the trail and never see it. You have to take one of the treacherous side trails to go down the mountain where the falls are fully visible. The blue trail marked "LO" goes to a rock overlook to see the falls, but you literally have to climb down a rock face to get do it. Not difficult for an active person, but not for the elderly or for small children. A lot of potential danger on this steep trail, so be very cautious.

no clear markings for trail but it was beautiful and had loads of fun!

Trail is easy but not well marked to make turn Down to the Falls or the overlook.

I didn't let the 5year old attempt the decent to the falls as it was a bit to steep for him in my opinion.

rock climbing

Beautiful falls. Canyoneering for the first time there with a guide from New Zealand. Awesome adventure and hard as hell. Especially if you are old, over weight and out of shape like I am!!!!

Loved this hike. I even did it with a baby strapped to me. The view of big Bradley falls was beautiful!

Went last Saturday before mothers day and had a blast! Went to the top of big bradley then to the bottom, using a small trail off the main path that lead to a rock we had to limb down by rope to get to our destination... and had to climb back up it to get out lol but over all was awesome! Not for faint of heart though. Lots of ups ad downs..steep trails with roots and rocks lol. But very worth it.

Saw two small waterfalls and one from a distance. Trail is blocked by large trees and there's not much sinage.. was a good hike but lots of the side trails dead ended.