Bradley Falls Overlook Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(163)
Green River Gameland

Bradley Falls Overlook Trail [CLOSED] is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Saluda, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 190 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

My favorite waterfall hike in N.C. This trail kicks my butt every time if you do it right! Moderate difficulty for most of the trail until you reach the rock wall where you have to repel down to get to the bottom of the falls. It’s a scramble down and there’s a lot of climbing rock and tree roots. The view from the bottom of the falls is stunning and sometimes you can watch a group of people repel down the face of the waterfall. I usually rock hop down to find more secluded pools. This is an amazing place to spend a day with friends-just be super cautious. I haven’t been since summer 2019 but we had to attach our own rope to the rock wall because the current one was quite frayed so bring an extra rope just in case!

closed

This trail says closed but people are still hiking it. When this trail ends another trail begins so this map will bring you to the end but you can continue much further up. You do have to do some creek crossing and rock crossing that is very slippery I would wear good shoes with ankle support. All in all I love this trail and plan to go back and hike further. We ended up doing 5.9 miles total.

Hike requires a short, knee deep river crossing. There are two overlooks. Both are marked by signs that warn you of extreme danger, and tell you there are no good views beyond this point. If you are careful, it's no problem. My 10 & 12 year old girls did it with ease.

Do yourself a favor and go see this

Such a beautiful and memorable lace to visit. Great hike and I love come any time of the year, one of my favorite places!

Had a great time today. No real issues here. It's very peaceful sitting on this rock overlooking the falls. 8 people have died on it, so take precautions.

Great, short hike. Yes, you have to cross a little water and yes there are some washed out areas, but overall it is a short hike with great views. Follow the blue marks on the trail and you’ll see two warning signs at the end. The one on the left is the falls overlook. The one a little farther down is Devils Lookout, where you can see the entirety of the falls.

We went here a few days ago. We were a little hesitant because of the caution signs, but for the most part it wasn't any sketchier than other places we've been. We took off our boots and socks to cross the creek. When you get to the end of the blue, keep going straight for a few yards (looks like a trail, but not marked) and just follow that to the left and it will take you to the overlook. You'll see the downed tree and one more blue mark. We were super careful on the overlook and schooched down the rocks and then crawled nearer the edge to get better views. Pretty views, short hike and pretty easy till you get near the overlook. Editing this to add: A lot of people are saying there are challenging bits, but we didn't come across anything that really screamed "challenge," so I think we may have missed some bits that others did not. For instance, how to get down to the falls is still a mystery to us.

I accidentally took this trail thinking it was Little Bradley Falls. I would not have taken it had I know I would need to wade through the river on New Years Eve... however I am so glad I did. It was short but fun. Yes it’s has a lot of washed out rutted areas, downed trees and not well marked. But if you hike regularly just pay attention. There is blue spray paint on the trees. I carried my blind dog down to the overlook. I was super careful and we did not get close to the edge. The view was amazing. Great adventure to end the year with.

This trail is not well marked and very easy to GET LOST!!! Be careful if u hike alone. First off, u have to cross a creek and then follow the blue trail mark. However the marks sorta just disappear when u continue to proceed. I saw a dead end and tried to get back. But I couldn’t find the trail I was on!!! I totally walked off road. Thank God I saw someone not far from me and they heard my screams. They guided me to the overlook which is hidden in the woods and absolutely no sign. The view is great but I won’t recommend it due to its lack of maintenance.

This is a popular trail (as is the trail to Little Bradley Fall across the road) but be smart and be safe. People DIE here, Do not climb on the rocks near the top of the falls. Do not "Get Closer" to the edge to get a better view. Sad to report another person tragically fell to his death on October 19, 2019.

My two friends and I had a brief trip to the Biltmore Estate but wanted to end with a hike. I had done my research on All Trails and decided on Little Bradley Falls as one of my friends is in her 60s and has had a complete knee replacement. I found out deep into the trail that I’d brought us to the wrong trail. We were at Bradley Falls instead of Little Bradley Falls which was unmarked and across the road. But, I was determined to see the falls nonetheless. This was a rather challenging hike!! The trail had several places with downed trees and washed out ruts. Plus, neither the trail nor the overlook are well marked. The overlook down to the falls was extremely dangerous. It’s very steep; a stumble could lead to falling over the ledge to one’s death. The climb back to the top of the overlook was just as treacherous. The falls itself is obscured by a tree that has grown up in front of it. I would not recommend this trail for children, animals, handicapped individuals, or the faint of heart.

As other note, there is a dead tree obscuring a full view of the falls, and you’ll have to scramble down some rocks to get to the overlook. The trail is in good condition, and there is the one creek crossing. It is shallow enough to wade or carefully use the downed tree. The higher up you go, the more dangerous it looks if you leave the trail. Plenty of shade!

Great trail, heavily trafficked. Side trails are dangerous. One creek crossing which is easy to cross at the point where the trail meets it. Up or down stream is harder. People fall off this overlook often...so keep an extra eye on kids and dogs.

Not sure what people are rating here. Looks like people walked the Big Bradley Falls trail. The trail to Big Bradley Falls is generally decent. A couple of fallen trees that are easy to get around and you do have to take shoes off to cross a creek (mid calf deep). To the creek is the prettiest part. The rest is moderate packed dirt trail towards the falls. Be warned- you cannot really see the falls from the trail. There is no open vista. Unless you climb down which is why they have signs posted that you could die. The connection to the Green River Cove trail does not exist that I could see. There is a trail that goes beyond the falls that has a number of cutoffs and doesn’t appear to be an official trail. If you try to hike where it says to connect you are asking for trouble. Google articles- people have died here being dumb. If you stay on the trail though it is fine.

Challenging cross across the creek. Rocks are slippery when wet, be careful! Follow the blue markings. Hike to the overlook was dry and well marked. Overlook to view the waterfall was beautiful, but not a clear, direct shot of the falls. A dead tree obstructs the view.

Great trail as long as you stay on the main trail. Small side trails are super dangerous & should be avoided at all costs.

This is a great trail for a short hike. I made a waypoint for a little goat trail that takes you to a great picnic spot on the river. There are great natural places to sit, in the shade, and good spots for wading and playing in the river.

good trail. but waded thru creek to continue. no safe place to see waterfall, but is amazing if you are fit and careful. would give 5 stars except for freezing water

Hiked this today. Loved it! def worth the time spent there

It is a fairly easy trail to an overlook with very good views of the Big Bradley falls.

Sun Jun 02 2019

Tue May 28 2019

Some of the best overlooks around!

Sun May 05 2019