Boone Fork Trail

Boone Fork Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boone, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Directions from Lenoir, NC: Travel SR 90 west for 7 miles. Turn right on SR 1368 and go 3 miles. Turn right onto Forest Service Road 2055.

Went hiking with suz. Beautiful
Loop, definitely keeps the heart rate up but is casual. BEAUTIFUL views, a few places you can climb out on the rocks and there are little waterfalls. When we went some beavers had created a little pond that made it impossible to get to the trail about halfway through... (that is without taking off shoes and trudging through the mud) would like to go back and do the whole thing. Awesssommmee chillin water spots that would be nice for casual dips in the summer

This was my second time going. Love this hike because you get a little bit of everything. I went alone this time and pushed myself to see how fast I could do the loop...even went to Hebron Falls. I would recommend this and will do it again.

Beautiful trail, well kept and marked.

It was nice, the creek definitely made the hike. I am not at all sure why it is rated as “hard” rather than possibly moderate but pretty easy. Aside from needing to take large steps or a few rocky, but still easily navigated areas, it was a very simple trail that my kids and senior dog could handle with no trouble at all. It was enjoyable and we would do it again. We had a picnic on the rocks while watching the water.

Excellent trail. Exactly as described in all the reviews.

So, the reason we gave it 2 stars, not to be Eeyore, but it smelled terribly of dog poop, for long stretches of the path, so badly that you could dry heave...the initial section of the hike took us through a paved path through everyone's camp-site and it was strange...we finally got some peace coming across a beautiful meadow, onto a more serene section and finally reaching Hebron Falls which was the highlight of the hike- you can play around all over the rocks which was a joy! It's easy to take a wrong turn at the long, large bridge where the marker is past the actual turning point, needs to be moved-just a tip.

It amazes me that this trail is consider hard. It’s moderate best. Lovely from start to finish.
I do recommend starting the trail at the Right spur. It makes the journey to the rock colony so much more grand. It’s advisable to take time to explore the area throughly to sit and enjoy the wonder of the spilling water through the giant granite boulders with water spills through them

Excellent trail, but definitely very challenging for average hikers. The falls are beautiful all along the trail. We hiked on a wet and muddy day, so the rocks throughout the trail were pretty difficult to traverse. For experienced hikers, definitely a must go. We watched a bunch of folks turn around when the trail got tough.

Beautiful views and challenging climbs through rock faces and mountain laurels a plenty. Pretty easy until you get past Hebron Falls, then becomes harder. Great falls along the way. Felt like we went back in time. Definitely do again.

Gorgeous trail, very well maintained. Would be very easy for experienced hikers. Many magical places along the way to go off trail and explore.