Boone Fork Trail

Boone Fork Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boone, North Carolina that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

great hike me and my wife walked it in late june lots of blooming plants and under the trees it was quite cool lots of places to rest and relax will do again when in the area. is a 5 mile loop trail located near Boone, North Carolina that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did this trail on 3/17. Weatherbug told us no rain until the next day and so naturally is started pouring about a mile in. So we were wet, cold, and going extra slow due to the mud. It go dark on us with about a mile and a half to go. We came prepared and had ponchos and lights. Right at the end we saw some glowing eyes staring at us from the treeline. It looked like a rather large animal based on how far apart and forward set the eyes were. maybe a coyote or maybe even a bear. We never got a look at it as it turned it's head and headed the other way. It was a great trail and we survived!!!! Looking forward to trying it again in nicer and brighter weather.

Great trail, pretty easy hike to the falls. Gets a little more difficult mile 2-4.

Moderate hike. I went counterclockwise. One spot I did have to carry my Westie down the ladder because it was too steep. Finished in about 3 hours but took some time at certain spots. Best part of the hike was between 2.5 and 2.0

Lots of fun obstacles. Several creek crossings. We completed it in a little under 2 hours, although we didn't go to Hebron Falls. We will definitely be hiking this trail again.

Super muddy today, high water, but still enjoyable and better than any day at work! My 7 year-olds completed it.

Very muddy, not difficult at all even for multiple 6 year olds. Great offshoot to Hebron Falls with massive river boulders to climb. Clockwise direction definitely recommended.

I loved the variety of the topography. Beautiful. Not too challenging.

I wouldn't say this is a hard hike, I would say moderate with obstacles (crossing streams and maybe 3 steep parts). It is very beautiful, the waterfall looks like it would be so fun to climb so we are going to visit again with our kids! Hike clockwise so the waterfall is at the end of your hike. We took our dogs and had trouble at the ladder, but we figured out that they could go through the rock instead of down the ladder.

In the description it says "experienced outdoorsman", which is not necessarily true, as i am 17 and have been hiking this trail since i was 8. There is also a specific side trail, pretty easy to find, that goes down to the bottom of the waterfall (hebron falls) where you can climb back up it, or go down, depending on where you come out. If your up for a bit of an adventure, one of my favorite things to do is to climb up the rocks from the bottom, and then stay in the river on the way back to the parking lot, walking, going on rocks, and swimming. Thats only something id do in summer though, as the rest of the year the water is quite chilly.

Great sights!

I went up Crag Way and down Boy Scout. The ladders were fun. There were great views along the way. Keep your eyes open for the plain wreckage.

Great trail, beautiful stream and waterfall, a little bit on the hard side, some uneven terrain but very doable even for not hikers. It took us about 4 hrs to complete.