Boone Fork Trail

Boone Fork Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boone, North Carolina that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Directions from Lenoir, NC: Travel SR 90 west for 7 miles. Turn right on SR 1368 and go 3 miles. Turn right onto Forest Service Road 2055.

Beautiful scenery, from bright meadows to tropical-ish trails by, and over, mountain streams and waterfalls of varying sizes. I went clock-wise on the trail so I could end up in the shade and by water to cool off at the end of my hike . My 11.5 year old dog did just fine on the trail. He loved it! There is one ladder that goes straight down . My dog took it in stride, which I was grateful for . Not sure if I could have carried him down ! This has won out over the other trails so far because of all the water and diverse scenery. Happy trails to all! God's peace!

My fiance and I hiked this trail only yesterday, Father's Day, where he proposed to me at Hebron Falls. It was a bit mucky due to the recent rains, but very cool and quite wet in many places as one must cross streams along the trail. We met a black snake down to the Falls and took a few photos with him. We're definitely going back again, probably to camp overnight and get in some fishing.

My favorite trail around Boone...not too hard if you're in good shape, but probably too tough for kids under 6 years of age.

Good hike. 20 to 40 minute miles with kids.

Love this trail ----did it with the family including the dog. Wear waterproof shoes as there's a lot of river crossings. Completed in under three hours including a 15 minute stop at the Hebron falls. Two points were a little bit tricky for the dog ---one River Crossing that had fairly rough water we had to carry him over and going down the ladder near Hebron Falls as we did the trail clockwise. At the ladder there is a way you can go through the rocks and underneath a small woman or teen can fit with the dog. Our dog is 55 pounds. Will definitely do the trail again this summer. If we do get a lot of rain the water might get a little high and the trail may be a little more difficult.

One of my favorite hikes in the area, good for half day hiking

One of my favorite trails in the area, has a little bit of everything and pretty well maintained!