Bluff Mountain Trail

Bluff Mountain Trail is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hays, North Carolina that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate with plenty of tree cover and good surface. Would be spectacular views of valley if in winter. I'll be back when foliage is gone also.

beautiful biews - cold rainy day for hiking!

Beautiful view, Trail isn't too hard to do either

I did this trail with my three kids and two dogs. I loved the varied terrain and multiple fantastic views we got along this trail. Sometimes we were hiking in open grassy hills, sometimes the terrain was rocky and wet and sometimes it was just soft pine needles. We did not find the beginning of the trail. We started at a big picnic area between 240 and 245 and ended up hiking a total of 11.3 miles. This hike is definitely worth it for the multiple views you get of the mountains and valleys. We hiked it during a low time so we didn't have too much of a problem with traffic noise from the road.

Such a beautiful trail with diverse views!

Beautiful trail with amazing views. Right along the BRP so there is a lot of road noise but in between the traffic you are amazed by the view.

I hiked a section near Brinegar Cabin last winter, and just hiked the area between Wildcat Rocks Overlook and the Alligator Back shelter on Bluff Mountain. This is a great trail, and I hope to be able to hike the entire length one day soon.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Nice hike! You can hear road noise from parkway on some of it. Sad the coffee shop is closed.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Do no this this trail. If you are anywhere near and want the vistas you have always thought associated with he Blue Ridge Mountains then you have to walk this trail

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A nice trail skirting the Blue Ridge Parkway from Flat Rock Ridge up to Bluff Mtn peak. Mostly forested but some open areas for views down into the valley below. You can access the trail from the Blue Ridge Parkway at around MM 240 and 245 or so. There's a lookout area at both MM's. The trail from MM 240 up to Bluff Mtn peak is steep so be prepared for that. Once you are up on the peak it is a beautiful view. Well worth the heart pumping hike.

Friday, September 11, 2015