Blue Ridge Parkway: Blowing Rock to Asheville

Blue Ridge Parkway: Blowing Rock to Asheville is a 87.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Boone, North Carolina that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

Absolutely beautiful!

scenic driving

There is so much to see along this section of the Parkway...Moses Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Park, Rough Ridge/Linn Cove Viaduct/Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Crabtree Falls, Mt. Mitchell and Craggy Gardens to add some names. And of course the drive and overlook views are spectacular!

Nice hike . Nothing to look forward to at the end

Monday, May 16, 2016

So, after traveling domestic and international, amongst some pretty fabulous landscapes, I still think this drive is one of my top 3! Especially in fall. There is a magical time within the first and second week of October! Makes you literally want to stop at every overlook. Not to mention the enjoyment of driving the curves while it is leafing! Stunning...just stunning!

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

I drove this about a year ago. It was one beautiful ride. We hiked some little side trails along the way.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Beautiful place over night stay.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The parkway is simply beautiful all through the year. Reminded me a lot of Germany, how the people started villages in the mountain valleys.

Friday, August 16, 2013

The parkway is an awesome scenic byway, especially this section. I drive the "missing link" section the most- Grandfather mtn. to Boone, NC. But, during August, 2008, I rode the parkway from Asheville to Linville Falls, NC. That completed this 90-mile section. Lots of nice attractions along the parkway, including Mt. Michell.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

This is a wonderful high road. I have driven it all but it is more fun to spend time driving a section and stopping often.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Well worth the time!! Stop and hike or drive straight thru you wont regret it.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Truly one of America's greatest treasures! Have driven all of it and many sections several times. Get out and do some of the many leg stretchers, you won't regret it

Monday, August 06, 2012

I call the BRP my drug of choice. I have driven all of the sections to the 400+ miles on many occasions. I just seem to breath easier and stress less the second my rubber hits that payment. It is truly one of the most beautiful stretches of hwy that I have seen in the entire US. Always so clean, uncluttered and breathtaking.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Made this trip several times when I lived in Boone. Scenic view after scenic view. Hands down, one of my favorite drives!

Monday, May 23, 2011

I've driven the blue-ridge several times and it never gets old. Great place to make day-trips out of a drive.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The Blue Ridge has the same ridge, valley and mountain scenery as the Shenandoah Parkway - perhaps with more open vistas. I prefer Shenandoah, but I think that is because my recent drives on the Blue Ridge were unaccompanied. The screnery is great, and the fact that you can drive so far in the East, without the hassles of Interstate highways or other non-scenic distrations, is itself amazing. Be prepared for intermittent road closures in winter.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010