Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Bill Faver Lakeshore Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(179)
Piedmont Environmental Center

Bill Faver Lakeshore Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near High Point, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 193 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Parking lot is at Piedmont Environmental Center. Shaded and good views of the lake

Trail looked good. We did 1.8 on white marker trail. It’s a good trail to warm up the body and to get conditioning

recorded Recording - Feb 17, 05:11 PM

even a nice trail in the winter since the leaves are down and there are great views of the lake

Very nice! My GPS measured it at 2.2 miles.

Great trail, very easy, great for the whole family. Many options if you want to make it a longer/shorter run.

Easy 2 miles hike... nice river/lake views.

decent running trails. will go on dry day next time. sometimes wasn't sure if I was on the right trail. a lot of different directions you can go. but not bad.

Love this place. I run a lot and use this trail most of them time because it’s close to the house. Love the lake and often see deer when I run depending on the season. Easy to to mix up the path on the numerous trails to easily get a handful of miles

Easy walk through the woods along the lake. Saw deer turtles squirrels heron and a chipmunk.

I love this park in general but the paths are always well marked and there are trees across paths so you can't tell if the trail is closed or if yiu have to climb over the trees. At one part the grass is tall like 3 feet tall and encroaches on the path. I wish. I had worn pants.

Several good climbs and descents and a bit slippery when wet but a scenic run

Was a nice trail. I was fighting against an approaching storm so I didn't have time to stop and take in all the views for long. There were 2 places that trees crossed the trail. I also witnessed a tree fall fairly close to me. I heard it crack a few seconds then plummet to the ground. Started off the trail with a bug flying into the back of the throat and I gagged down the trail till I could get the thought of that out of my head! With the wind, I heard what I thought someone approaching behind me a few times. I would stop and scan the area and was getting concerned because I didn't see anything but continue to hear it getting closer, so I stopped in front of a tree to hide and wait for it to pass me. I was looking back and turned just to see a person right in front of me! Scared me! She and I had a good laugh it but it was funny how the noise was coming from a different area than the hiker actually was. I also took the raccoon trail and back. It started raining before I got back to the truck but because of the thick canopy, I didn't even have to pull out the raincoat. For a Saturday, there was only that one hiker the entire time. It was a little wet but to be expected from all the rain. Just wear your hiking shoes and not your pretty clean tennis shoes and you'll be fine! The last thing that happened on this trail was a deer fly hit me on the side of my face. I am used to wearing contacts and I slapped the fly which knocked my glasses off and the lens chipped on a rock. Just one of those hikes!

My wife & I truly enjoyed the 1.8 Mile hike through the Bill Faver trail! There were some great areas to view the water, several areas to have a seat for a water break. The app kept us on course. Be sure to take the Trail #1 when you arrive & follow those white circle markers!

Sun Apr 28 2019

Great views of the lake, not a ton of people. Definitely a moderate trail. Lots of hills and branches to look out for but overall a great trail!

Mon Apr 01 2019

Nice easy trail to take dogs for a walk

Fri Feb 01 2019

Nice urban wooded trail, great views of High Point City Lake. A bit muddy but nothing a pair of decent boots can’t handle. Excellent choice for the area.

Sun Sep 30 2018

Nice easy walk!

Thu Aug 30 2018

Nice easy trail to get to and enjoy. I actually used it to trail run. Beautiful views, lots of birds.

Sat Jul 07 2018

Nice evening hike. Well maintained and pleasant trees, wildlife, well shaded

Sat Jun 30 2018

really nice. easy walking. great views.

Sun Jun 10 2018