Bill Faver Lakeshore Trail

Bill Faver Lakeshore Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near High Point, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was totally a fun & peaceful trail to enjoy before class.

Love this place and easy to hike

1.8 miles around the Piedmont Environmental Center...not particularly scenic and the lake is a bit muddy. Perfectly fine if you are local but nothing to make a special trip for.

good morning walk

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

First time here today. We hiked the white trail (1.8 miles) & the blue trail (.7 miles) in a hour & 22 min. Great trail system, well marked and easy to follow. The trails had lots of roots and other things to step over/around. The scenery was beautiful, walking near High Point Lake was a pleasure. We saw plenty of birds, squirrels, ducks and geese. We look forward to coming back to the piedmont enviromental center to hike the rest of the trails & to walk the bicentennial greenway.

I found a digital copy of the trail maps here: (I tried to add it to the photos, but don't think it worked)

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Easy access and the lovey rest area are bonuses. The1.9 mile loop was a little harder than we expected, with lots of rocks and roots making the path treacherous in places. Plenty of places for breaks, and an abundance of shade helped. If you have ankle or knee problems, this might not be the path for you, but if you want a good short hike and don't mind uneven terrain, it's worth a go.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Nice walk

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Lovely trails and many to choose from! There were noises that sounded like gunshots, however.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I didn't think this was a moderate trail, it was very easy. fun short walk great for kids and dogs!

Monday, June 20, 2016

fairly flat easy trails to walk

Friday, June 10, 2016

this is a group of shorty and easy but fun hikes. simple but enjoyable. fun place to picnic. spot deer and smaller creatures.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

very scenic walk..starting to walk this weekly

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Nice walking trail without a lot of other people walking on it on a late November Saturday.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Nice!

Monday, October 26, 2015

This is a great network of short trails for hiking with your kids. We have gone several times with our 3 1/2 year old daughter and she loves it and does great. The provided map isnt great, but they are marked pretty well with permanent markers instead of blazes.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

I walked with a boy scout troop and we walked 14 miles in and out. I am assuming out walk was longer than listed because it is part of a larger greenway. It has plenty of rest stops, mile markers and a bathroom at the beginning and about 4 miles in near the Jamestown golf course. I am walking this again with my small children (but not 14 miles.. maybe 6)

Monday, August 03, 2015

Beautiful

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Very nice, quiet hike. I walk regularly and have seen a variety of wildlife.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I regularly hike and run the Deep River trail. It's a great escape for my weekly trail fix and it's 5 minutes from my house. Great views of the lake, awesome groves of pine trees, and great fall color are things to expect on this trail.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Great hiking spot for a quick excursion with the kids. Much of the trail runs along High Point City Lake so there is ample opportunity to spot heron, osprey, beaver, and the occasional bald eagle.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

It's a great collection of trails if you just want to get a good run in after work! I pretty much go daily. I love the white and blue trails, which run a good distance beside High Point lake. Pretty scenery. I've run into a few deer and turtles on the trail, so it's always exciting. Always sounds serene, which is ideal. You do have to leap over a few trees now and then, but I think that's the fun part. Just don't trip and fall! And there is also a pretty good variety of incline/decline. It's not flat all the way through.

Also, all of the trails are pretty much lost in the trees and shady (so cooler)--which is perfect when it's ridiculously hot and sunny!

There are a decent number of runners that use the trail daily, but there are also couples who just come to slowly hike, walk it, if you want a less strenuous evening. There are also a few shorter trails and a paved "Greenway" trail for bikes or those who'd rather walk on pavement.