Bean Shoals Canal Trail

Bean Shoals Canal Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pinnacle, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail begins at the turnaround area of the access road, near the intersection with the Horne Creek and Yadkin Island Trails. It hugs the north shore of the Yadkin River for half a mile. It also follows along an active railroad track, as well as the ruins of the unfinished Bean Shoals Canal.

Does anyone know if there is another way to get to this trail. My family and I drove about 2 hours in our car to hike this trail and when we got there we realized that we had to cross the creek 3 different places. I thought there would be small bridges to get over the creeks. I wish we would have known. We would have driven my husbands truck instead.

Great views with parking at trailhead . Great stroll for those not into hikes longer than one mile.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pilot Mountain Bean Shoals trail is an easy trek along the Yadkin River with beautiful views of the river and other sights that are sure to keep you interested. Be careful of copperheads while hiking this trail, we actually saw one less than one foot off of the trail. On one side of the trail is the river and on the other side of the trail is an active train track and part of a water dam project made of rocks that was supposed to divert the water but the project was never finished. If you are hiking Horne Creek Trail and Yadkin Islands trail to make a loop don’t miss this short in and out trail as in my opinion it was the best of the three trails. Happy Hiking! :)

Sunday, April 03, 2016

very pretty trail along the yadkin river at the site of where an incomplete dam was made in 1825. hooks up to a 2.5 mile one way trail that continues along the river

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Beautiful views of the river rushing past from its edge!