Bass Lake To Maze is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 255 feet Route Type: Loop

Bass Lake To Maze

Nice little hike up a small mountain.

Very easy trail. More of a smooth gravel road and a lovely walk through the woods. Depending on what you are up to for the day, this is a great little mini walk just to get out in nature and rejuvenate before your day. Didn't even break a sweat. Great for kids and people who aren't hardcore hikers. :) Almost mostly full shade in the summer which is great in the summer.

Fun trail to run on

Great trail for seniors. Easy hike over will maintained trail. Nice views along the way.

Great trail for beginner runners like me! Easy hike up to the Apple Barn with just enough incline to feel like a workout, and then run from the Maze back down to Bass Lake. My favorite place to run!

took the extension and made into just about 7 miles. saw deer and lots of people. nice easy elevation changes

really enjoyed trail. nice incline with gradual up and down. very peaceful.

Tue Jan 15 2019

Tue Aug 14 2018

My review is from the perspective of an amateur landscape photographer. First I just did the walk around the lake and did not hike the "maze" portion. This was a nice lake. What sets it apart of the ordinary is an island in the middle of the lake. That really adds some interest to the composition. Also, lily pads grow abundantly around the perimeter of the shore adding foreground interest. I wasn't there at the "golden hour" but I intend to go back sometime because I think the scene would be even better. The only reservation I have is that the park is open from "dawn to dusk" what ever that means. So I'm not sure if golden hour photography is possible. I hope so.

Sun Apr 01 2018

I walk this every chance I get! So relaxing!