Backside Trail at Crowders Mountain

Backside Trail at Crowders Mountain is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gastonia, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love love love hiking this

Tough hike from beginning to end. I took it up to Rocktop Trail.

Backside Trail is a short trail that ends with climbing many man-made steps towards the top. The view is great on a clear day. You are able to see Charlotte in the distance. My four year old son did it with me and we never stopped until we reached the top. The top has a few trees but is mostly rock. The trail was crowded with people and dogs but it was President's Day. I had a hard time getting a parking spot at the trailhead.

Short but steep on the backside. Convenient but Crowded.

I have been going here since I was a kid and still love to make a trip once or twice a year! It's pretty difficult but it's short and the reward is phenomenal!

Fun trail. Got the heart rate up a bit on the way up and was relaxing on the way back down. Excellent view at the top.

Great workout trail.... at the end and toward the top, there are a lot of steps (336 wood steps). The views are fantastic! It's peak color so will be very pretty this weekend.

Absolutely loved it worth every step

My go-to trail when I need a quick escape from Charlotte.