Avery Creek Trail and Buckwheat Knob Trail

Avery Creek Trail and Buckwheat Knob Trail is a 8 mile loop trail located near Pisgah Forest, North Carolina that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

Avery Creek is. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Almost parked at the stables but don't. its a long hike up to the trail head. we only hiked in 3 or so miles before we split from the trail for some back-country camping. I love the trail and next time I'm in the area I will do the entire loop over two days with a night of camping. Hiking next to the river is so pleasant and camping within earshot of the water is so wonderful. We were a bit paranoid about bears (we are from Texas) but nothing bothered us all night.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

This was one of my favorite hikes in Pisgah National Forest. It is very remote and cell service is sporadic. The creek runs next to most of the hike And has beautiful swimming pools. Half way through the hike there is gorgeous mature pine trees that leave a thick bed of pine needles to make a very romantic picnic lunch with your one true love. Hope you enjoy it!