Wright Peak Trail

Wright Peak Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Placid, New York that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Great hike! Went up 4/23. Perfect weather, snow at the top but we managed without spikes. The view was great!! Full 360 view, couldn't of asked for a better day. Couldn't find the b-47 though :(

this trail really kicked my butt! but it was well worth the effort. I did the trail in the Autum, which offered a gorgeous view of the Adirondack mountain range. good boots are a must, and I'd highly encourage a good pair of trekking Poles. This trail gets pretty rough near the top, and the 20+ mph winds at the peak were brutal. bring appropriate gear.

The summit is great but the views start fairly high up, and the terrain near the top is pretty rocky. Our 5yo did it all by himself but had enough on the way back. It took us around 8 hours from Adk Loj and back, with an ~hour long break on the top (with 5yo and 1.5yo).

Hiked this trail today. Starts flat then comes the rocky trail. Took 2 1/2 hours to reach the summit. Check out the remnants of a plane crash up top. Very cool. Fun hike!!

The trail is very rocky but makes it a fun rock scramble. The views from the summit are amazing.

i'm not too in shape and took plenty of breaks heading up wright, but i made it! took me between 2.5-3 hours to make it to the summit. decent climb, wish i had enough in me to push up algonquin, but hey, maybe another day. this is my second peak. getting hooked. was very beautiful.

Great hike, very steep. Trail guide on the peak told us that Wright is HARDER and steeper to climb than Marcy.

A good challenge but not excruciating. After a very easy start, you face rocks and a steady climb all the way up. Great views awaits you, Algonquin, Marcy and Whiteface

This trail kicked my ass. I'm a sucker for pain though. The agony and ecstasy of this trail make it one of the most rewarding though.

I suggest boots and a very light pack ( I wore shoes and had approximately 25lbs backpack... Not for the feint of heart.

Note to self: don't bring beer when attempting Wright"s Peak.

There are also like two false summits which after a tortuous ascent serves only to mock your insignificance next to nature's greatness.

I had just completed Mt. Marcy the day before so I thought Wright's Peak would be nothing. What a fool I was!

This was one of those times where mother nature puts man in his place. Mercy!

Mission accomplished all beautiful at the view

great hike can be done along with Algonquin and Iroquois for a long day.. but the views are breathtaking ☺

Just did the trail this weekend. Definitely a worthy alternative to Algonquin. Trial is flat at first then moderately gets steeper. Beautiful view from the summit.

Beautiful views from the top, really awesome hike to the summit

Sunday, August 23, 2015

The first 3/4 of the trail was a moderate climb. Steep in some areas, but then it would level off. I hiked Cascade and Porter last year and I thought the first part of Wright was easier because it wasn't a straight incline. It was veryyyyy rocky which made it more strenuous and muddy too. The last 1/4 was difficult. This entire section of the trail was filled with huge boulders causing me to climb on my hands and knees the majority of the way up. I got slightly nervous at the summit because it was basically rock climbing to get up top, but definitely worth it. The views were amazing. The way back down was very hard on my knees and ankles...I crab walked down a lot and/or slid on my butt! Definitely worth the trip. It took us 2.5 hours to get up and about 2 hours to get down. We stayed at the summit for 30 or so minute so 5.5 hours total round trip including little pit stops along the way!