Wildwood State Park Campground

Wildwood State Park Campground is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wading River, New York that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and camping.

beach

Yellow trail. Listed as 3.8 miles. Wide paths. Relatively flat. Lots of wild life. On northeast end, outcrop where you can walk to near edge of cliff and get great views of the sound.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Awesome...

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I went early in the season, and it was pretty quiet - though I hear the camp fills up with families in peak season. Good amenities and a nice spot for car camping - and a nice train ride out if you take the LIRR.

A few trails that loop around through the woods, and a nice long stretch of beach too. I didn't have any issue w/ ticks, but I wouldn't recommend heading out without plenty of DDT for yourself and permethrin on your gear.

Monday, August 26, 2013

This was our last camping trip with the old tent in 2007. We hiked around in the woods. The kids were young and enjoyed the wildlife and plants. What we didn't enjoy were the ticks.

Monday, May 16, 2011

We have been going camping here every summer for as long as I can remember. There are some hiking trails which are marked and easy to follow. There are never crowds.You can even go off the trail a little and see the sound. We have seen deer and even packed a lunch in a backpack and stopped to have lunch. The kids love it. We always make hiking part of our camping trip.

Thursday, May 04, 2017